Hi coming to the 200 side

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well I just picked up my 2nd LC 100 but I getting a crazy deal on a 2008 LC with super high mileage but the 200 LC is my family dream truck, I should be getting her in about a week just wanted to say hi and I still can't believe this is gonna happen, I definitely love my 100 but man the 200 is just so dreamy!!! Can't wait to start messing with her when I get it.

Just wanted to say Hi!!!

IMG_20200807_162617.jpg

Congrats! That is interesting paint.. is this a US vehicle? And what’s “super high” mileage?

Ya all original paint not sure if it's something special added from Toyota or what I can't find it at all USA vehicle

Ya all original paint not sure if it's something special added from Toyota or what I can't find it at all USA vehicle

The pinstripes were not factory nor the pained bumpers and door sill area. Looks good though. Congratulations and 233k is just getting started. Make sure to baseline of course.

Why is there such a big gap on the PS hood? And why does it look like this was a picture of a security camera screen?

Why is there such a big gap on the PS hood? And why does it look like this was a picture of a security camera screen?

agreed. Not normal. Front end damage and a repaint until proven other wise
I‘d ask the seller the explain way the repaint and gaps at the hood and fender seams.

The wheels have been stripped of their paint and polished, which is a lot of work. I'm thinking some previous owner did some custom stuff to make the truck unique which could explain the paint too.. but it shouldn't explain the hood gap.

I'm checking out the truck this week, rims are polished.
So 2008 never came two tone colored?

Ok front and rear bumper are both painted that color also strange.

I'll check out the hood and fender gap also clean car fax and auto check

Definitely after market paint.

I assume from the photo this is a private party sale. If so, you might want to get a pre-purchase inspection, given the paint, the miles, and the body gaps. Did you pull the Carfax and Autocheck reports yourself? Keep your eyes wide open on this one and don’t get too “200-happy” until everything checks out.

Yes 2 owners car, hood is open on picture explains the gap,
Clean Carfax and autocheck pulled it my self...

Reactions: HGB
Just looks like a custom job to pain the fender flares and bumpers (Since you popped the hood open for the photo). If you like the look and are paying a fair price, do a PPI and go for it! I’m not sure it would appeal to every buyer should you decide to sell at some point, but it kind of pays homage to the 100 series. Looks unique man!

Thank you very much I'm concerned with the miles but I think 17k is fair for a 200 series

Thank you very much I'm concerned with the miles but I think 17k is fair for a 200 series

Very cheap, that’s dipping well into 100 prices. Mileage is relative depending on maintenance history. Budget for water pump replacement (cheap) and baseline and you should have many more trouble free miles!

Thank you, yes vehicle shows it's been serviced at Toyota it's whole life, it won't be a daily just a towing camping rig

Hood/Fender seam gaps are pretty telling, that strange two tone repaint is the icing on the cake. I'd be very wary of this one, clean Carfax means nothing.

Hahaha seriously, I was like I've never seen a two tone 200

When I look at the brochure I see super white with great exterior colors
Screenshot_20200809-162254.jpg

@cruiserdan any input on whether a 200 was ever offered in the states with 2-tone paint? I know I haven't seen one, but I've only been paying attention for a few years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom