HHO gas conversions - anybody that has desmogged? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

morganism

SunkCostFallacy
Threads
Was looking at these a couple years ago, and the tech is advancing pretty well, but these guys seem to have nailed it.

This company may have solved one of the hardest problems in clean energy

If someone up in Washington state has a desmogged, and not daily driver, we should go talk to these guys.

We have dis-used injector ports, crappy mileage, carbonization issues, and a huge worldwide base. Seems like a perfect test case for this system. It would be very simple for them to set up a system for these 2F's.
And we also have a pretty open engine bay, compared to most shoehorned engines. They are getting a 25% increase in mileage in diesels (fedex) , and with our engines we might also pick up some fantastic HP boosts, as hydrogen burns very hot.

Any good engineers up there want to go chat with them?

"There are two ways to “fill up” the vehicle. The slow way is to plug it in overnight, providing power for the electrolyzer to fill the tank. The fast way is to fill it up with hydride solution, which could be generated on site, either at home or a filling station, with nothing but an electrolyzer, some distilled water, and a tank."

Hydrogen Fuel Technology | Next-Gen Energy Efficient Technology

Doad, that was lawike so oh10, bro...

Look I gave it some consideration back when it was doing its turn of the century rebirth- yes, rebirth- and having also spent a lot of time in the off grid power industry, I have to say, there is no free or cheap power. Except for the power made by PV cells and used during sunlight hours and only if you discount the carbon footprint of the mfg of the panel itself- which is good for 20 years... anyway, what I’m tryinto say, is for the application if supplimenting the internal combustion of a car to any noticeable degree, you’d need a 240 volt dc alternator with at least a 10 amp output and an electrolyser cell the size of a Prius driver. Short story is it’s a scam...now you wanna talk about using pV all day to bake a stationary cell and run a browns gas boiler to make hot water and run a steam generator to charge battery banks for nighttime lights, then lets talk. In any event, just thinking about takes me back to matte tea , bongo drums and some funky smellin cigars...

Bonus, espresso maker on board.

hydrogen from an HH0 generator hooked to your 2f alternator is going to net you all the gas in a puppy fart. You'd be better off with a 5 gallon bucket in the back sealed up tight with cow dung yielding methane and run a line from it to the carb!

The "Brown Gas" turd cake has been discussed ad nauseam in the past on Mud. A new version with different frosting now? :meh: If there was something viable and safe to it, we would see it coming from the automakers. If you want more thoughts from mud members (including IIRC a few members who have tried it), search "hydrogen" in the 60 forum and diesel forum.

Last edited:
When I brought my first 60 many years ago-from a gentlemen on here. If you find old threads about HHO on here-you'll see posts from him, he lived in Aspen. Anyway, he was claiming 14-15 mpg with the HHO sysstem. I brought the 60, but didn't want to pay the extra $500 or $600 for the HHO. So he kept it. As it turns out, I averaged 14-15 mpg with the truck as well.

I don't see how these systems will save gas anyway. Unless you're limiting the gas supply to adjust for the H. Even then, the H and gas mix ratio to incoming O needs to be correct to get an efficient burn.

I wonder if pezwiki is still around...

I (sadly) invested in a Canadian based hydrogen generator project that targeted the transport industry back in the early 2000s. It had been fleet tested nationally and a decent sales and distribution network was framed in. Despite that, the transportation industry simply didnt see enough advantage to invest in its use. While its an interesting concept, the pay off relative to fuel econ is marginal, and certainly not a noticeable performance enhancer.

"Good engineers" had to take chemistry and physics in high school and college, and know the strength of the hydrogen bond in water. No amount of marketing, web sites, or other arm-waving is ever going to change the fact that it takes more energy to break that bond, than is liberated by breaking it.

Bob Boyce, too. And you can’t ever forget about Robert Paulson.

I read it, it doesn't give any real world numbers or specifics. Just vague claims-like every other site selling hydrogen conversions. Besides that-you posted up asking about peoples experience with HHO, not their thoughts on the article. I personally like the idea of hydrogen cars-but it really only works if it's hydrogen only. Otherwise your still burining fossil fuels.

hydrogen is da bomb

So what you are all saying is nobody read the article.

I read it, right up to this point:

"Johnson boasts that his electrolyzer can produce hydrogen at about three or four times the rate of electrolyzers with similar footprints, using about a third the electrical current."

Until he can clearly show how he has overcome the laws of Newtonian physics and basic chemistry to do this, he remains firmly in the camp of marketing hype and arm waving, and further scrutiny is a waste of time.

biggest inaugural turn out EVER!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom