Hey guys. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Wow this place is pretty awesome and I'm glad to be around. My FIL just got his FJ40 finished and out of the body shop after a huge restoration. Unfortunately he drove it 3 miles and the engine locked up solid. He has a real issue it seems because it's the 3.9 F1 engine. Where if any is a sure fire place to find a new engine? Any good leads would be awesome. Thanks guys glad to be here.

Sorry to hear that.

Start by putting up a wanted ad in the classifieds here on Mud.

Dam sounds like the dizzy wasnt seated...

Heard that story too many times here.

The worst part was he had taken it had all the seals and hoses replaced before dropping it off at the body guy. Drove it about 6 months and dropped it off to the guy. About a week after the body guy got the entire thing apart he was hit by a truck. So it took the guy about 6 months to get healed up enough to start back on it and it's taken a year to fix everything new paint,seals and power steering and put an after market A/C in it. Only to have it crap out on him 3 miles from the shop. Sucks man.

A 2F is a good upgrade and much easier to source. Good luck!

Yeah he has been in touch with a guy in Colorado that runs a FJ place that has one but said it would be at least a month to even check it out. Plus we are in Charlotte area so thought someone could help source one.

Yeah he has been in touch with a guy in Colorado that runs a FJ place that has one but said it would be at least a month to even check it out. Plus we are in Charlotte area so thought someone could help source one.
Is that Brandon at Classic Cruisers? If so, I'd recommend following up. I talked to Brian at Empire Engines in Albuquerque the other day. He rebuilt the 3FE going into my '86 FJ60 project vehicle and did a great job. He's been rebuilding several 2Fs a month for Brandon. That would be my recommendation.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom