Help Replacing Early Door Window Rubber and Felt (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NYIronPig

YES I have a problem...
SILVER Star
Threads
124A1.jpg

Ok I am looking to replace the old worn outer rubber (part 33 with a new plate 34 and clips 35) and inner door window felt (Part 36). Can I remove my old worn version and install the new parts without removing the upper door/window frame? Just trying to figure out the best install method before I get cracking on this project. I know they can be a bear to get old out and the new back in. Welcome any expert MUD advice for this one. Thx

I did one window with the upper frame still in place and the other with the upper frame removed. It was a pain in the but with the frame in place but do-able.
Any advice on how to attack this difficult project if I keep the door frame on?

Also, was removing the door frame that difficult and worth doing to make this rubber replacement job worth it?

search wngrog on here, recently posted a weather strip job with pics. There was also a post maybe a week ago from a guy who did the job and liked the city racer products.
In all the threads regarding weather strip replace I do not recall window frames being removed. Regarding the strips that go at bottom of window along door both sides there is a post showing those being replaced and a method of remove & attach that was succesful, sorry no links but if you search they will show up.

I just did new felts, as well as the lower exterior rubber on my '67. I removed the upper frames,glass, and regulator. it was pretty easy overall. And while in there, I had found on my driver door,, the inner and outer pieces of the door were broke apart, so I was able to weld those back together.

I would say remove the uppers. You will either have to cut your weather strip, or remove and replace. I ordered new weather stripping from city racer, still waiting on it to arrive.

I just did new felts, as well as the lower exterior rubber on my '67. I removed the upper frames,glass, and regulator. it was pretty easy overall. And while in there, I had found on my driver door,, the inner and outer pieces of the door were broke apart, so I was able to weld those back together.

I would say remove the uppers. You will either have to cut your weather strip, or remove and replace. I ordered new weather stripping from city racer, still waiting on it to arrive.
Thx, will now remove the uppers and now replace all the door weather stripping and window door felts to have them as close to new as possible.

I’ve done the window felts/wiper with the door in place and frame on. I pulled the window regulator stop, got the window as low as possible in the door, then changed felts.

If you pull the frame and do it all, check your wing window rubber as you may as well do that now if it needs it.

I’ve done the window felts/wiper with the door in place and frame on. I pulled the window regulator stop, got the window as low as possible in the door, then changed felts.

If you pull the frame and do it all, check your wing window rubber as you may as well do that now if it needs it.
wing rubber #72 on the chart above?

Yes, I also replaced my wing window rubber, that was actually the main reason I started dismantling my doors, then decided I should just do it all while I was in there. It's so nice having all new stuff in there!

wing rubber #72 on the chart above?
It’s not shown on that diagram above. It’s the rubber that is attached to the door frame that makes the seal between wing window and door/frame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom