Help Please with resetting stuck sunroof (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My sunroof will not open, nor will it tilt, however, whenever I push the buttons, it is obviously trying to, because it does move a little. It's been disconnected from the battery several times as I was working on installing an inverter system and a hydrogen generator.

I called up the stealership today, and they wanted $125.00 to "RESET" the sunroof, as they believed it has just sort of lost it's mind. IE doesn't know it's closed, so it's confused, so to speak.

It seems to me that there should be a simple solution for resetting the sunroof, IE informing it as to where it is in it's open and close cycle, but I cannot find information anywhere on the net on this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1997 FZJ80
4500 watt inverter
Hydrogen Powered

OK I will attempt a guess here; try pulling the positive terminal of your battery, this will reset the ECU and perhaps the sunroof. Who knows what the dealer meant.

Next suggestion is to maybe spray WD-40 or some other solvent into the sliders are to loosen things up in case dirt is embedded in there. You may be able to open or close it that way.

Good luck.

There should be a allen wrench crank bolt under the switch and map lights that will move it open and closed manually as well if I recall correctly.

I had this problem when I had a makeshift roof rack with the yakima 1a towers and load bars with a 35" tire on top. It put so much pressure on my roof that my sunroof would no longer open. I took off the tire and it opens and closes fine now

I just got a 92 today with 99k original miles. On the way home I tried out the sun roof and have the same problem. It sounds like it wants to go but does not. The rear needs to tilt up. I'm in AZ so I dont have to worry about rain right now but I need to get it closed. I'm going to unhook the battery and see if it resets it self. I wont have time to tear the cover off the switch for a few days.

Forget the sunroof, let's hear about the "Hydrogen Powered" Land Cruiser.

With regards to the sunroof, there are on each side black wheel like things. They become flat on one side and need to be rotated around. I had the same issue and when I rotated them, all was/is fine. The key is to be able to open your sunroof to access them. Someone has posted this on here as a fix before.

Hope this helps, Jake

Forget the sunroof, let's hear about the "Hydrogen Powered" Land Cruiser.

I don't know if I'm going to be able to post this PDF file on the forum, if it fails, PM me, and I will send it directly to you.

View attachment HHO Wiring Diagram and Pictures2.pdf

Okay, it looks like the attachement was successful. There is a wiring diagram on the first page for anyone who wants to do this.

Wiring this into the ignition circuit is necessary, because if you don't and you forget to turn the generator off, next time you start your engine you will have a very large explosion.

I took the extra step of wiring in a secondary switch. This way, if I need to turn the ignition to the RUN position for any length of time, without the engine running, I can still turn the HHO generator off.

Essentially I've added a hydrogen on demand system, wired it into my ignition circuit, and added an aftermarket chip wired into the MAFS to override what would be the ECU's automatic response to compensate for the increased mileage by enriching the fuel air mixture, thereby negating said hydrogen powered mileage improvement.

I installed it last year, but just recently got it wired into the ignition, so I am just now getting mileage results after two weeks of in-town only driving.

My in town mileage has increased by 25%, and the power increase is pretty astonishing. It's just the basic 6, but it feels like it weighs 500 lbs less, and the acceleration and towing power increase is nothing short of phenomenal. The system draws about 28 amps when everything is warmed up.

I do not yet know how the highway mileage will improve, when I do, I will post it here.

Right. The real story seems to be hiding here.

Lets hear about the Hydrogen power..?

I don't know if I'm going to be able to post this PDF file on the forum, if it fails, PM me, and I will send it directly to you.

View attachment 636380

Okay, it looks like the attachement was successful. There is a wiring diagram on the first page for anyone who wants to do this.

Wiring this into the ignition circuit is necessary, because if you don't and you forget to turn the generator off, next time you start your engine you will have a very large explosion.

I took the extra step of wiring in a secondary switch. This way, if I need to turn the ignition to the RUN position for any length of time, without the engine running, I can still turn the HHO generator off.

Essentially I've added a hydrogen on demand system, wired it into my ignition circuit, and added an aftermarket chip wired into the MAFS to override what would be the ECU's automatic response to compensate for the increased mileage by enriching the fuel air mixture, thereby negating said hydrogen powered mileage improvement.

I installed it last year, but just recently got it wired into the ignition, so I am just now getting mileage results after two weeks of in-town only driving.

My in town mileage has increased by 25%, and the power increase is pretty astonishing. It's just the basic 6, but it feels like it weighs 500 lbs less, and the acceleration and towing power increase is nothing short of phenomenal. The system draws about 28 amps when everything is warmed up.

I do not yet know how the highway mileage will improve, when I do, I will post it here.

View attachment 636380

Wait......what?? :confused:

HHO = snakeoil

Look dude, I'm not trying to sell anything here. The forum members asked and I responded.

This is saving me $38.00 every two weeks.

If the extent of your response is a video from youtube supporting your disagreement, then it can be said that if I wanted to bother with you, I could post in excess of one hundred videos and as many websites supporting what I said.

I have been researching HHO on demand for over 4 years, can you say the same? There are a lot of people out there who tried this and failed because they did not take into account the compensating factor of the ECU.

The bottom line is that I have done it, and you have not. So until you DO it, then you have no basis other than second hand data to support your position. I, on the other hand, can prove everything I've said. Can you say the same?

If you want to call me a liar, you had better put your big boy pants on, because you will need them. It sounds to me like you are one of those guys with an alligator mouth and a pea pickin' ass.

There is something to Hydrogen supplementation. It's just very difficult to tune with consistency. I am impressed to see it when folks are able to make it work without destroying their vehicles.

If I had the time and money I might try it on a little beater sometime. That way if I screw it up I could ship it off to the salvage yard without a 2nd thought. I might rather invest my efforts into an LPG conversion though.

Nevertheless, I am interested in how it works for you.

Look dude, I'm not trying to sell anything here. The forum members asked and I responded.

This is saving me $38.00 every two weeks.

If the extent of your response is a video from youtube supporting your disagreement, then it can be said that if I wanted to bother with you, I could post in excess of one hundred videos and as many websites supporting what I said.

I have been researching HHO on demand for over 4 years, can you say the same? There are a lot of people out there who tried this and failed because they did not take into account the compensating factor of the ECU.

The bottom line is that I have done it, and you have not. So until you DO it, then you have no basis other than second hand data to support your position. I, on the other hand, can prove everything I've said. Can you say the same?

If you want to call me a liar, you had better put your big boy pants on, because you will need them. It sounds to me like you are one of those guys with an alligator mouth and a pea pickin' ass.

I won't get into the debate of whether or not it works :meh:

You obviously believe in it and the last thing I want to do is run off a new member without seeing all of your test data....

But please riddle me this....

In your basic relay diagram, you use a 75amp Marine grade switch to trigger a 40amp relay :hmm:

HHOHoaxWiringDiagramLOL.jpg

I'm sure that works just dandy as a simple relay circuit, but why bother using the relay at all with such a high amperage switch :confused:

Also, please give us some details on the measures you took with the ECU :hmm:

You guys have s*** on this guys thread and it is totally off track. I'd make a new thread.

Yeah, but now he's getting flamed for something he didn't even start so why would he want to even start another thread? I'm sure we have all heard the negatives and why HHC isn't a good idea. But, it is something that also has some merit or else no one would even try it. Here is a guy who is doing it on his Land Cruiser and apparently it is working for him (to what degree is a good question that I would like to hear about).

I think it's interesting even if its something I would not be comfortable doing. He's not trying to sell anything. Maybe he would start a thread and maybe folks wouldn't troll him to death. He just might have answers to some good questions. If he gets ran off then obviously it will be a dead subject.

Sigung,
First of all, how is your sunroof going? Working yet? If so, what fixed it?

Second, "in response to the questions" you got in this thread why not start another thread if you have the time to share your experience and results regarding your HHC? Maybe you could get around to visiting a dyno and I would love to see what you come up with. You might get a little disrespect or skepticism from a few members, but some of us are curious. If the trolls get unbearable you can ask the mods to kill the thread. Either way, the forum is a great source of info for Land Cruiser owners and you would likely find value in hanging around.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom