Help Next Weekend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

pappy

photosynthesizing
Threads
I would like some extra hands to help with putting the rear axle under the 4Runner. Saturday morning works best for me, say around 10am. I will be in the garage preping the axle so you could come by sooner.

Last edited:
Purdy.

Last edited:
I would like some extra hands to help with putting the rear axle under the 4Runner. Saturday morning works best for me, say around 10am. I will be in the garage preping the axle so you could come by sooner.

Nice looking axle! I should be able to make it Saturday AM.

Let me know if you need help. If you have enough, I have things I would not mind getting done around the house, but if you need it I can make it.

I'll be there.

Lemme know if anyone from this side of the hill wants to carpool (like Evan).

Dan

Dan -

That sounds like a good idea, but I think I will be running some kind of errands with Ellen before I go over, so that may not work. If I am available to carpool, I will send you a PM later today.

Evan

Dan -

That sounds like a good idea, but I think I will be running some kind of errands with Ellen before I go over, so that may not work. If I am available to carpool, I will send you a PM later today.

Evan

Cool.

After sitting in the airport parking lot for 9 days, the faux-lux needs to put some miles on.

Jon: do you need anything hauled that way? Need anyone to bring any tools or anything to help? (I'm guessing not, unless you've invented a whole new mindblowing way to put on an axle)

Dan

We should be good on tools. If anything a simple socket set would allow both sides to be worked on at the same time. Thanks for helping. It will be ready to go when you get here. Like I said, 10am, but I'll be getting it ready starting at 8am.

Thanks to Dan and Evan for the extra pairs of hands. Not only did Evan learn something new, I also think his mechanical confidence went up a few notches. Told ya it wasn't that hard.

After Evan left Dan helped me lift up the IPOR skid plate under da'40. It was a perfect fit. We even think I might be able to do a slight modification to allow the use of the FJ60 tranny mount.

Thanks to Dan and Evan for the extra pairs of hands. Not only did Evan learn something new, I also think his mechanical confidence went up a few notches. Told ya it wasn't that hard.

After Evan left Dan helped me lift up the IPOR skid plate under da'40. It was a perfect fit. We even think I might be able to do a slight modification to allow the use of the FJ60 tranny mount.

Happy to help! It did go in pretty easy. It helped to have a couple of guys that knew what they were doing...plus me.

Glad to hear that the skid plate looks like it will fit. That is one beefy skid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom