Help me plan for a 2FE (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I got a Magnaflow muffler and 2.5" exhaust put in over the weekend (big thanks to cody_c for doing most of the work :cheers:). The truck sounds fantastic now, growls on throttle till 2500 rpm, then it starts to bark. It feels stronger, and seems to rev out to 4000 rpm more willingly. I need to get out on the highway and pull a few speed runs to see if it bears out. I also have a pair of new Denso O2 sensors to put in when I have a chance....

RockDoc said:
I got a Magnaflow muffler and 2.5" exhaust put in over the weekend (big thanks to cody_c for doing most of the work :cheers:). The truck sounds fantastic now, growls on throttle till 2500 rpm, then it starts to bark. It feels stronger, and seems to rev out to 4000 rpm more willingly. I need to get out on the highway and pull a few speed runs to see if it bears out. I also have a pair of new Denso O2 sensors to put in when I have a chance....

Are you running stock exhaust manifold?
How soon after manifold do you join the 2 pipes into the one 2.5"?

Stock exhaust manifolds. Two 1-7/8" downpipes inside the framerail, wye together just after the transmission x-member (say 4.5 - 5' from the manifold flange). The O2 sensors are in a roughly stock position along the downpipes.

Worked the poop out of it today. Ran great and pulled hard. Kept up with traffic as much as I wanted to, and sounded great pulling 3rd gear hills. :hillbilly:
IMG_6635.jpg

<------- Jealous. I've talked my wife into ditching her minivan in favor of a pig. Now I just have to find one.

<------- Jealous. I've talked my wife into ditching her minivan in favor of a pig. Now I just have to find one.

Keep an eye in the 55 section classifieds if you aren't already. Quite a range show up in there if you are patient.

Hi Rockdoc
I am also in the process and have question that I hope you can help me with .
My setup uses a aftermarket ECU and aftermarket fuel pump matched to 3F-E intake manifold and head (2F block ) .
The person that is putting together my harness has advised a 6 Bar ( 87psi ) fuel pump . My feeling is that 3Bar should be enough (43psi ) and that 6 Bar will be too much for the stock FPR to handle .
What fuel pressure are you running in you 2F-E ? What do you advise ?

Yspen said:
Hi Rockdoc
My setup uses a aftermarket ECU and aftermarket fuel pump matched to 3F-E intake manifold and head (2F block ) .
The person that is putting together my harness has advised a 6 Bar ( 87psi ) fuel pump . My feeling is that 3Bar should be enough (43psi ) and that 6 Bar will be too much for the stock FPR to handle .

What ECU will you run? Does it allow for sequential (vs. batch fire) firing of the injectors?
I think the FSM calls for 37 PSI in the rail. When my return line was clogged, I had more like 70! Fixed the return line obstruction and now fuel pressure is fine in the rail, last time I checked!

I can see a pump putting out more than the regulated pressure as being a good thing, but 2x that pressure seems excessive. Just a feeling rather than real knowledge though. My truck runs the stock in-tank fuel pump since it was already equipped for the 3FE.

Hi Rockdoc

I'm running a MSD 2225 which I believe has a max 42psi. The fuel rail requires somewhere between 38-40psi. 87 psi is too much

I'm no expert, but that is the pump I am running using the stock dampner and fpr. It's working great

I'm not sure if you will find dyno numbers, but searching TBI in this section and the 40/55 series section should net a few threads to check. Trollhole had a good thread, but I can't seem to find it now.

I cant give you power numbers but my 2f tbi desmoged gets 16.5 on the highway running 65-70 with 31s. It feels like it pulls alot better than before but my carb needed rebuilt and it was fully smoged.

I'm running pretty much bang on what I got with my 3FE, will be doing a 12hr highway drive today, should get a number for tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom