HELP- lost OBD 1 jumper (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all.

Embarrassing post.
1994 80 series with OBD1.

The little 2 prong jumper you have to pull out before checking codes…

Yeah. I lost it.
Not sure what to do. I have been driving it like this for some time without realizing I lost it and never put it back in.

Can anyone advise me on what to do here?

paperclip?

A paper clip works in a pinch. I made a small jumper wire for mine and put an stretchy cord with an eyelet (I used an old elastic key ring that would go around your wrist) behind the mounting screw for the diagnostic port to keep it in that location so I never lose it.

Or you could order the jumper wire like @Outsane posted. ;)

I "think" you guys are baking up the wrong tree?

Theres a grey jumper permanently between two terminals in the diagnostic port. @jordancollard97 is that what you're referring too? Not the paper clip you might have used while tuning?

Can you get one from a junk yard?
Our maybe one of the guys who is regularly parting out cruisers.

@arcteryx maybe?

I "think" you guys are baking up the wrong tree?

Theres a grey jumper permanently between two terminals in the diagnostic port. @jordancollard97 is that what you're referring too? Not the paper clip you might have used while tuning?

Can you get one from a junk yard?
Our maybe one of the guys who is regularly parting out cruisers.

@arcteryx maybe?
This^^

Let me look at a couple harnesses I have that go to ls swap and are no longer needed may need to remind me as I'm out of town. Also on the paper clip jumper. I did a drivetrain swap on a 95 from another 95 piston came out tye oil pan on the one so it sat for over a year got everything swapped and air bag light was on so I did the paper clip trick to reset the airbag light and it wasn't working tried probably 25 times was about to throw in the towel. Closer look at the damn paper clip the mf had plastic coating over it scraped that off got it second try. ..oh and one harness is a 94 the other is 95.
Tommy

I noticed this permanent jumper in my 94. I'm curious what it does/is for. Anyone know?

I noticed this permanent jumper in my 94. I'm curious what it does/is for. Anyone know?
The only reference for a jumper in the diagnostic connector that Toyota shows in the FSM is in the ABS section. It references a short pin between WA and WB on the Data Link connector 1.

1700058802590.png

Maybe it's only on rigs with ABS? I'll try to remember to check my 92 (no ABS) today.

Also: So what happens if you try to drive without it?

Maybe it's only on rigs with ABS? I'll try to remember to check my 92 (no ABS) today.

I'm happy to try it, but I'm not sure it would give a useful result. Mine had ABS originally, but I have removed everything but the wheel sensors from that system.

I'm happy to try it, but I'm not sure it would give a useful result. Mine had ABS originally, but I have removed everything but the wheel sensors from that system.
If you ever want a new home for your wheel sensors, give me a shout. I'll even make a plug for the hubs, to replace the sensors.

Definitely not there on a 3FE equipped truck. The diagnostic connector is different between 2 variations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom