Help! Code P2442 Secondary AIR System Switching Valve Stuck Open

Anyone had this issue? Apparently its common on the Tundras. I really don't want to fool with the dealer. Looking for real personal experience and possible DIY fixes.

Thanks!!

bamma

SILVER Star

Anyone had this issue? Apparently its common on the Tundras. I really don't want to fool with the dealer. Looking for real personal experience and possible DIY fixes.

Thanks!!
Check the hoses first, but as you said this is a common failure on the Tundra land late model 4th gen v8 4Runners. Buy the bypass kit and be done with it (assuming it is the exact same setup on the 200):

Air Induction Pump Bypass Module - AIP Valve Bypass - Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum

This just happened to my buddy's work truck. His employer had him take it to Toyota. Total bill to fix this problem on his Tundra was almost $3500. I have read about the above bypass module working.

I just ordered the Hewit-tech bypass kit. $349 plus $70 overnight shipping. Hopefully I'll be able to get it on this weekend. Ill let you guys know how it works out.

Thanks

TonyP

GOLD Star
I had one (ebay version) on my Tundra. I never installed the block off plates but the rest was a 30 second install.

Worked great. Its kind of a pain in the a** to install because the block off plates are between the engine and firewall. But once installed I haven't had any other issues. Cleared engine codes and good to go since. It did sit outside for 3-4 days in single digit weather without being crunk up and apparently I had some moisture in these lines and it froze up. I had a CEL and same 2444 code. I just let the engine run and warm up then I cleared the codes and it went away again. No other issues. If you currently have this issue/code I would definitely recommend this kit. Good luck!

Worked great. Its kind of a pain in the a** to install because the block off plates are between the engine and firewall. But once installed I haven't had any other issues. Cleared engine codes and good to go since. It did sit outside for 3-4 days in single digit weather without being crunk up and apparently I had some moisture in these lines and it froze up. I had a CEL and same 2444 code. I just let the engine run and warm up then I cleared the codes and it went away again. No other issues. If you currently have this issue/code I would definitely recommend this kit. Good luck!
Great! Thanks. I appreciate the advice and will be installing the kit.

Top Bottom