Hello (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
HI all,

I just joined the group and wanted to introduce myself. I live in Santa Fe. I've owned a 1997 40th Anniversary 3xlocked LC since 2000 and use it extensively for spearfishing trips to mainland Mexico, Baja and other adventures. It's over-due for its second paint job but otherwise in good shape. I do most of the basic work myself (axles, brakes, hoses, belts, fluids etc..). I've learned a lot about the LC but I have not had to delve much into the engine, transmission or differentials. It currently has ~350,000 miles on it and burns some oil but doesn't have any leaks bad enough to hit the ground. Having said that, I have some growing concerns about recent issues that might effect its reliability for long trips out of the country and I'm trying to assess what it needs. I've been looking for other LC enthusiasts in NM so I appreciate the opportunity to connect with High Desert Cruisers. I sent in my dues yesterday and I look forward to getting together with you in the new year.

Jonathan Thornton
(505) 930-1679

IMG_9719.JPG

Holy cow! You are going to fit in nicely with this group. Nice 80. I also love Baja. I don't spear fish, but I do fish. There are several 80-series owners in this group and they know their trucks very well. They can help you with any issues you might have. Normally I would warn you about Ali, since he has a habit of helping people spend their money ... but you have already done that. You should be safe.

Check the sticky posts. We meet on the third Saturday of the month for breakfast here in ABQ. I hope you can join us.

. but you have already done that. You should be safe.

Oh HELL no, he ain't safe. I'll find a way, believe you me. :flipoff2:

Welcome to HDC, looking forward to meeting you someday. Looks like we both of Moonglow pearl 80s and my hood needs to be painted badly. The rest of the body is full of "memories"....

Oh HELL no, he ain't safe. I'll find a way, believe you me.
@JTinNM , I warned you buddy. Ali is one of those 80 owners mentioned. He knows his stuff, especially when it comes to other people's wallet. :flipoff2:

Holy cow! You are going to fit in nicely with this group. Nice 80. I also love Baja. I don't spear fish, but I do fish. There are several 80-series owners in this group and they know their trucks very well. They can help you with any issues you might have. Normally I would warn you about Ali, since he has a habit of helping people spend their money ... but you have already done that. You should be safe.

Check the sticky posts. We meet on the third Saturday of the month for breakfast here in ABQ. I hope you can join us.
I'm looking forward to it, thanks!

Welcome! Great looking 80. I am really good at taking stuff apart. Let me know if you I can help.😁

Hey bud, I'm also new to the area, splitting my time between Taos and Los Alamos. Actually heading to Loreto tomorrow for a week of fish tacos. Let me know if you want to grab a beer sometime and talk shop when I get back.

-dave
714-718-3968

Welcome! Great looking 80. I am really good at taking stuff apart. Let me know if you I can help.😁
Can't put it back together, but, hey, you can't have everything...

Hey bud, I'm also new to the area, splitting my time between Taos and Los Alamos. Actually heading to Loreto tomorrow for a week of fish tacos. Let me know if you want to grab a beer sometime and talk shop when I get back.

-dave
714-718-396

I've been to Loreto for Christmas, they have a fun boat parade along the malicon on Christmas eve, its very charming. Enjoy your visit and let's connect when you get back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom