Hello. My name is Reid, and I drive a HUMMER.

Joined
May 9, 2006
Messages
2,144
Location
Sandy Eggo / Carrollton
Visit site
It’s been a little while since I’ve checked in here. I’ll give a quick update on what’s been happening.

My family is now moved to Indio Hills in Coachella Valley. We live right on the San Andreas Fault :p. My back yard has a wicked wash/canyon that I will eventually run (lots-o-rocks). Across the street is the Southern end of Joshua Tree National Park. I’ve taken an old “road” up through this area and added some new pin striping, punctured a tire, ripped off a flare and bent my new Slee tie rod. Fun stuff :hillbilly:. I’ll post pictures when I get them off of my mother-in-law’s camera.

We are still in the process of getting the paper work together for "the shop". In the meantime, I’ve picked up a job as a tour guide for a private company located in Palm Springs. We do “back country tours” taking folks on off road adventures, exploring parts of Joshua Tree and the fault line. I get paid to wheel :eek:. The company uses HUMMERs for the tours. I’ve driven both H1’s and H2’s on tours. My opinion of the H2 has changed since I now have first hand experience with them. They’re pretty damn nice trucks. Would I trade my LC for one? NO. But they do come stock with 35’s. The H2 is a perfect vehicle for this kind of work. People associate them as being rugged, adventurous, and outdoorsy. They are large and roomy. Plus they can handle SOME off-road action. I enjoy driving them. Oh and did I mention, I get paid to wheel? :flipoff2:
 

Dan2722

SILVER Star
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
1,191
Location
San Diego
Visit site
Reid great to hear from you!

So let me get this straight someone is paying you to wheel their rig with their clients in it? Did they not check your sig line on MUD when they were checking your resume.:D

That is AWESOME! Glad that everything is going good for you and your family.

When do we get to wheel your backyard?:hillbilly:
 
Joined
May 9, 2006
Messages
2,144
Location
Sandy Eggo / Carrollton
Visit site
Dan2722 said:
So let me get this straight someone is paying you to wheel their rig with their clients in it? Did they not check your sig line on MUD when they were checking your resume.:D
Thankfully, they didn't.

When do we get to wheel your backyard?:hillbilly:
Anytime you want.

I really need to find some local wheeler's. Someone on here is from Coachella Valley. I can't remember who though.

SOCALFJ said:
I know that company. My buddy lives on the same street as them. Great job.. lucky bastard.

Can you get me a weekend side job there? lol
:)
 

bluto

So. Do you want dilaudid IVP or oxycodone tab?
Joined
Apr 29, 2005
Messages
1,118
Location
North of LA County
Visit site
...
I really need to find some local wheeler's. Someone on here is from Coachella Valley. I can't remember who though.


:)

Latinoguy is from your area.

Great to hear from you!
When Steve posted his ROTW2 pics yesterday I thought about whats up with you and your 80. Yeah your Heavy OME setup and 33s (driver skill is there somewheres ;)) pretty much tackled some of those gnarly boulders - I guess I can I guess I can... Looking forward to wheel with you this year. :beer:
 

Brentbba

Former Golfer
SILVER Star
Joined
Mar 27, 2003
Messages
10,544
Location
OC, CA
Visit site
futher mucker! bastid! Paid to wheel...I HATE you. :whoops:

Glad you're settling in and have a s***ty job to go to for now. :crybaby: I think we're all jealous!

I may be in the area in June if we take the scouts up to San Jacinto backpacking. We had a decent amount of rain so I'm not sure the Bridge to Knowhere in the San Gabrials is doable this year.
 
Joined
Sep 13, 2006
Messages
847
Location
Tierra y Libertad
Visit site
Glad to hear that you are now a neighbor. I see the Hummer tour rigs around Town in the morning (I work near Washington and I10 east of the I10...) and I live in Indio near the Polo Grounds.

Your job sounds like fun, more fun than selling Document Mgt. Technology. Shoot me a PM with your Cell #, so we can meet up and wheel some time...

from the sounds of your description you may be wheeling the off shoot canyons off Berdoo Canyon Trail...I've also seen people wheeling off Dillon before Berdoo Canyon Road Trail...One of the few places around here where people can still ride ATVs and Bikes...
 
Joined
Aug 26, 2005
Messages
277
Visit site
hey we were at box canyon last weekend and saw a convertible yellow hummer with mutliple seating-looked like a tour hummer.
that didn't happen to be you?
 

619TOY

SILVER Star
Joined
Jun 27, 2006
Messages
2,059
Location
San Diego
Visit site
Great to hear from you Reid! Sounds like a pretty cool job.

However, I will never forget the story I heard years ago. It was about a high speed pursuit and a H2. The H2 was holding it's own against the cops until it left the pavement. From what I remember, he only made it a few hundred feet before he got stuck, thus leading to his arrest. I always think of that story when I think of H2's:D

Hey, don't forget that I get paid to............uh,nevermind:flipoff2:
 
Joined
May 9, 2006
Messages
2,144
Location
Sandy Eggo / Carrollton
Visit site
calstyl2 said:
Was in Palm Springs today........watch that Dillon Rd its quite the killer................literally
Oh that sucks. I live just off Dillon Rd.

Bluto said:
Looking forward to wheel with you this year. :beer:
I've been doing a terrible job getting out on runs this season. Hopefully I can make it out.

Brentbba said:
futher mucker! bastid! Paid to wheel...I HATE you. :whoops:

Glad you're settling in and have a s***ty job to go to for now. :crybaby: I think we're all jealous!
:p

Bluetribal said:
What up Reid! Good to hear from you, at least you can have fun with a job before the REAL WORK begins.....
The real job will be fun too.

latinoguy said:
Glad to hear that you are now a neighbor. I see the Hummer tour rigs around Town in the morning (I work near Washington and I10 east of the I10...) and I live in Indio near the Polo Grounds.

Your job sounds like fun, more fun than selling Document Mgt. Technology. Shoot me a PM with your Cell #, so we can meet up and wheel some time...

from the sounds of your description you may be wheeling the off shoot canyons off Berdoo Canyon Trail...I've also seen people wheeling off Dillon before Berdoo Canyon Road Trail...One of the few places around here where people can still ride ATVs and Bikes...
Right on. My in-laws used to live off Miles & Monroe.

The trail I took was near Dillon and 1000 Palms Rd. It's right below Keys View in JNP. I think parts of it connect over to Berdoo, but it's a little ways away. This trail is primitive. Some maps call the road 'Joshua Tree National Park'. The ATV's ride the dunes near the new "Dillon Estates" development, right?

I still want to try out Thermal Cyn, Pinkham Cyn, Old Dale Rd. & Black Eagle Rd. Ever run any of these?

ronin-0707 said:
hey we were at box canyon last weekend and saw a convertible yellow hummer with mutliple seating-looked like a tour hummer.
that didn't happen to be you?
We run through Box Canyon, but the open top HUMMERs are a different company. I believe they have red, green, and yellow HUMMERs. One of them is a FAKE HUMMER; One of those kit's you can put on a Suburban (which I'd like to do to my Sub).

Our H1 is dark grey and the H2's are white.

619TOY said:
Great to hear from you Reid! Sounds like a pretty cool job.

However, I will never forget the story I heard years ago. It was about a high speed pursuit and a H2. The H2 was holding it's own against the cops until it left the pavement. From what I remember, he only made it a few hundred feet before he got stuck, thus leading to his arrest. I always think of that story when I think of H2's:D

Hey, don't forget that I get paid to............uh,nevermind:flipoff2:
Ha, that's classic. I always thought of that video where the H2 is climbing some meager bump, and it breaks something in it's steering causing the wheels to toe in.

You've got a great job. Much more interesting than what a lot of folks do. Plus it gives you access to some cool shtuff.
 

Slomo

It's Complicated
Joined
Feb 8, 2006
Messages
3,175
Location
Behind the Orange Curtain
Visit site
Great to hear from you Reid. Glad you have scored a killer job till the shop opens. Strong work. I have to admit I was worried when I read the thread title, thought maybe an H2 on Dubs was your new daily driver for the shop. :flipoff2:
 
Joined
May 9, 2006
Messages
2,144
Location
Sandy Eggo / Carrollton
Visit site
Slomo said:
I have to admit I was worried when I read the thread title, thought maybe an H2 on Dubs was your new daily driver for the shop. :flipoff2:
:doh: NEVAH!

I will, however, need to have a "shop truck". Not sure what I'll do about that (yet).

Vistataco said:
One of them being right off Dillon Rd.
Is it on top of the sand dunes?


BTW: I forgot to mention; My boss' neighbor runs 'Expedition Portal'.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom