Hella 4000s in ARB Bull Bar (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here's a few shots:

80dayweb3.jpg

80dayweb9.jpg

In cool "city light" mode:

rtl1.jpg

Thanks guys,

Anyone else? Also any close up pics of the mounting? It looks like the lights can be successfully mounted in front of the top bar but behind the bottom bar.

Attached is a pics of my Hella's in the ARB Bull Bar. I had to add one washer between the bottom of the light and the top of the bull bar tab. It is a tight fit, but it works great!
front2.jpg

Darwood said:
Also any close up pics of the mounting?

Close up pics?

Darwood said:
=

word order is overrated.

...and I thought math was my weak subject.

Let me restate. Could either zjz4476 or WildYoats please post up close pics of your light mounts? I would like to see how the lights are mounted to the bar, and how close they are to the top bar.

Trinny said:

Let me restate. Could either zjz4476 or WildYoats please post up close pics of your light mounts? I would like to see how the lights are mounted to the bar, and how close they are to the top bar.

Oh, I thought my wording confused you. Hehe yes let me re-reiterate your question.

Trinny said:

I will have to take some pictures tonight and get them posted for you. The light housing touches the top bar and I am unable to place my covers on the lights due to how tight of a fit it is.

zjz4476 said:
I will have to take some pictures tonight and get them posted for you. The light housing touches the top bar and I am unable to place my covers on the lights due to how tight of a fit it is.

Can you aim them properly even though the fit is tight?

in case no one mentioned.............yes Hella 4000s(full size) fit a ARB bar and yes you can fully adjust them, yes I think I needed to use a washer to bring the mount up a wee bit.....it wasn't rocket science ;)

I just mounted my Hella 4000's on my bullbar and it was fairly straightforward. I redrilled holes forward of the existing holes, used 3 washers to get the light up a bit higher and it clears everything. The lamp does make contact with the top bar, but since the housing slides on its mount as opposed to pivoting, it is fully adjustable. With the 3 washers I can also put the covers on.

Ary

Here are some more pics for reference. As others have said, they will fit on the ARB bar but you DO have to drill holes closer to the front of the bar (closer to the weld on the tab) and raise the lights by inserting material (washers or whatever) so that the bottom of the light will clear the bottom bar.

I used flat bar stock on mine rather than washers so that the full base of the light would have something to rest on. They are VERY sturdy. They do hit the top bar but are still fully aimable due to the swivel bucket mounting system on the lights. They are extremely heavy-duty and rediculously bright. They are worth the extra work in my opinion.

Hope that helps.
DSCN6300.jpg
DSCN7245.jpg

Trinny said:

Trinny,

You know you could have taken a nice close look in person last Saturday. i don't think Johnny would have cared. His touch the upper bar. I just didn't want my lights hitting on the bar so I decided to weld tabs on instead.

Johnny and I remounted mine on Monday. They didn't survive the White Rim Trail this weekend. I'll post some pics tomorrow.
dmc

I just got some Hella 4000s this past Friday and mounted them on my bumper, with a spacer and by drilling the hole further forward.

One thing I've noticed is my truck is now running hotter. I have the temp guage mod and in about 60 degree weather with the AC on going up hills, the guage made it about 1 or 2 needle widths below the red zone. I turned the AC off and the needle went down about 2 needle widths. It seems these things do effect cooling.

Just an update to the concerns about cooling. It's been 100+ here for the last 10 days or so. A/C blows around 40 degrees while moving and climbs to about 50 when stopped but still cools. I went up in the hills and strained the motor as much as I could and the temp never moved. Even our dead spot has some flucuation. I stayed on the low point of middle. One of the other trucks there (it is s/c) was boiling over and I was fine. I think the lights are mounted forward enough that flow is okay.
dmc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom