Hella 4000s in ARB Bull Bar (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

dmc said:
So Live Rust and I went out to the desert last night to break in my new lights and his newly lifted LX450...

Well, I hate the desert David!

Lights look great! :D

dmc said:
Doug,

What exactly do you mean by a 'bit' of a problem? I've seen the lightforce and I can't imagine I'm any more restrictive than they are. I don't drive very hard at all. A noticable heat increase I'm not too concerned about. if i have to stop every 30mins to let the motor cool then I may need to think of other options.
dmc

Well, comparing this:
attachment.php

to this:

attachment.php

I'd say that the your hellas block more air than my lightforces. ;)

:D

Negative effect? Dunno...watch your temp guage when it starts to warm up.

Those 3 lights have a cool looking Rally Racing look to it. If it overheats offroad you cn do the NYC cabbie trick and drive w/ the hood popped- lets a ton of heat out.
How much air is actuall taken in the grille? I know most modern cars are bottom feeders and the grilles are basically ornamental. 80's grille looks much more functional tho...

Those LF 240s are like truck nipples, I just cant stop staring at them :D

FirstToy said:

Those LF 240s are like truck nipples, I just cant stop staring at them :D

You stop staring at my "nipples" :mad:

;p

James must like the big areola look... :flipoff2:

I'm kinda partial to letting the air flow. The two light settup has no winch - lot's of air going through there.....

And it really sucks when you have to run a front liscense plate. What - all cops are dislexic and can read everything backwards going forwards?

No offense, but those lightforces will be the first thing to break in a frontal impact. The Hellas have a chance of surviving. Even my 500's are behind the primary impact zone - mounted on the face plate of the ARB - not the flanges.

I dunno - how much are you willing to sacrifice?

Last edited:
hehe, Derek you are taking it way too literally. I never thought of it that way but if I see you "cleaning" Doug's LF's... I'll know you're thinking naughty thoughts! lol

spartan said:
I'm kinda partial to letting the air flow. The two light settup has no winch - lot's of air going through there.....

And it really sucks when you have to run a front liscense plate. What - all cops are dislexic and can read everything backwards going forwards?

No offense, but those lightforces will be the first thing to break in a frontal impact. The Hellas have a chance of surviving. Even my 500's are behind the primary impact zone - mounted on the face plate of the ARB - not the flanges.

I dunno - how much are you willing to sacrifice?

Front license plates are required by law in CA -- not having them on is an easy excuse for Officer Friendly to pull you over...besides...in the case of my plates, they can read them backwards going forwards :flipoff2:

What do you know about Lightforces and their resistance to damage from impacts? The way I see it, if I hit something hard enough to bust the LF's I've got bigger things to worry about than busting a pair of lights.

NorCalDoug said:
Well, comparing this:
attachment.php

to this:

attachment.php

I'd say that the your hellas block more air than my lightforces. ;)

Negative effect? Dunno...watch your temp guage when it starts to warm up.

doug,

The lightforces look much larger on the the front of a 60 and that's what I had in my mind. In your first post you mentioned a bit of a difference. If it's just minimal I'm fine with it. I guess i'll just wait until spring and see what happens.
dmc

NorCalDoug said:
What do you know about Lightforces and their resistance to damage from impacts? The way I see it, if I hit something hard enough to bust the LF's I've got bigger things to worry about than busting a pair of lights.

that's my thinking as well.
dmc

Uh - they all look great - sorry I twisted the panties....

I do hate front liscense plates though....NOT required where I live.....

The look is really nice!!! I love the LF I have and they unlike the 4000's would most likely tilt up in a crash....also eith 6" of lift the lights are above most things I would hit!!! I just got my black covers from slee last night....look sweet on the black ride IMO. btw I installed 4000 on my dad's 80 last year...much tighter of a squize.

FirstToy said:
hehe, Derek you are taking it way too literally. I never thought of it that way but if I see you "cleaning" Doug's LF's... I'll know you're thinking naughty thoughts! lol

Shhh, my wife doesn't know about my secret life as Doug's love slave. She thinks we actually go wheel and camp on all these trips... ;)

dclee said:
Shhh, my wife doesn't know about my secret life as Doug's love slave. She thinks we actually go wheel and camp on all these trips... ;)

Dang, it's "Brokeback Cruiser"!!
:flipoff2:

spartan said:
I've been running this light settup for seven years without any problems......

So I assume you have the Hella 1000's mounted to the ARB light mounting tabs? Did they bolt right up, or did you have to use spacers etc?

The 1,000's are on the tabs bolted right on. The 500's brackets are mounted at 90 degrees into license plate bolt holes......

Oh yeah - all four have Hella clear protectors on them - doesn't really show in the photo - but they are there.....

Thanks spartan.

So can anyone else with Hella 4000s on the ARB post some pics? The old threads that seemed to have these pictures don't have them any longer. I'm trying to get a feel as to what just 2 Hella 4000s look mounted using the ARB welded tabs, albeit modified.

I'll try to find some of my dad's truck...

Best I could find right now....sort of doesn't help
vbpgimage.php

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom