heater blower motor resistor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
anyone know what the resistance is of the heater blower motor resistor?(mine had the inner bolt rust and expand to the point it cracked open the ceramic resistor-now no low speed)
These resistors are nowhere to be found-thought I could get a Radio-shack replacement--

FWIW - I replaced my heater blower motor resistor with the Ohmite L50J1R0, and it now works just fine on both speeds. :)

You can see what I did here, post #125.

Do the resistors differ through the different models? I fitted a genuine resistor with a slightly different part number that looked exactly the same as the one with the correct part number. The fan is really slow now and seems to get slower the longer I run it. Blew like crazy wit an open circuit, now high is really weak & low is useless.

Do the resistors differ through the different models? I fitted a genuine resistor with a slightly different part number that looked exactly the same as the one with the correct part number. The fan is really slow now and seems to get slower the longer I run it. Blew like crazy wit an open circuit, now high is really weak & low is useless.

To my knowledge the heater resistor value has always been 1 ohm.
Sounds like it's time to remove the blower motor, and give it a good cleaning and lubing. You will be surprised at how fast it will run when lubed and cleaned. Link to how to do it properly: Front Heater Fun

I got one from Racer...It is pricey but is OEM and needed to be modified a little with the connector.I didn't have connector coming out of my heater blower motor on my 77.

Thank you all for the help. I found the Ohmite resistor GA-Arc talked about at an Ohmite distributor in Michigan--$9.00--too bad they don't just ship thru USPS instead of UPS-could have saved $5.

I got my resistor from Mouser as above, then used the existing bracket and modified. The new resistor is 4 inches long, which is the same length of the distance where the existing bracket is spot welded. I used that as a guide to bend the bracket after it was cut and re-drilled.
IMG_0212.JPG
IMG_0214.JPG

So bit ive an old post but i was told to get one with 3-4 Ohm for my bj42. Im confused now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom