Headlights replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Why do you think these won't fit your truck? According to Amazon's vehicle finder it fits.

Three things I would suggest.

1. Upgrade the headlight harness with something like this. It worked wonders on my old truck: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H5JFHR0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2. Superbright LEDs lists a headlight for your truck: Rectangular H6054 LED Projector Headlights - LED Headlights Conversion - Sealed Beam | High Beam and Low Beam Headlight Bulb | Front Exterior LED Bulbs | LED Lights | Super Bright LEDs

3. Go with one of the H4 conversion headlights. Something like these Hella e-codes: Hella 003427811: 7" x 6" Halogen Conversion Headlamp Kit Includes 2 Lamps, Bulbs and Dust Boots ECE Approved | JEGS

I like to find a set of headlights that doesn't require a new wire harness - I like to find a set of LEDS and run a pair of fogs lights as well off the low beam side of the switch

Be nice to run a few rocker switches to run bar lights but I need a new exhaust and some other more pressing issues

I like to find a set of headlights that doesn't require a new wire harness - I like to find a set of LEDS and run a pair of fogs lights as well off the low beam side of the switch

Be nice to run a few rocker switches to run bar lights but I need a new exhaust and some other more pressing issues
H4 conversions don't require a new harness. But it's recommended to upgrade the wire.

I went with hella h4 headlights, and an IPF harness. Lights were greatly improved, with a much sharper cuttoff on the road. Was definitely money well spent.

I run only he lowest quality Autopal headlights off eBay, with some high end Osram h4 bulbs and stock witing.

Basically - the exact opposite of everything you’ve ever read about doing online.

I love the setup. Works great, been awesome for 10 years. If I were doing it again, I’d do it exactly the same way.

mochosla,

What did you end up doing with the headlights?
Hi. I got LEDs but because of how Toyota wires the lights, (2 grounds one positive vs. 2 positives and one ground) I’m having to add a special harness with relays. I will receive the harness this coming Tuesday and will install it soon. I will let you guys know how it goes.

It was a huge improvement from the old lights. However, the way the light is reflected is a bit too wide. It shines high and wide but it does not seem to bother incoming cars. The high beams compound this. But again, I’m happy with the results so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom