Headlight Upgrade (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey, I'm a college student looking to continue modding my 2000 Land Cruiser and thought that set of new headlight would look great since mine are a bit old and not working as well. I was hoping if anyone knew of some headlights that would fit that car and were maybe more modern looking with halo running lights and such!

something of that look in the picture I'm attaching!

Thank you!

download (1).jpg

There is a vendor on here that sells the DEPOT branded lights for the 100 series. They are replacement houses with stock fittings.
If yours aren't overly clouded or nasty, may be time to look up the RETRO FIT 100 series thread and maybe through something in your stock housings. And don't mind @nukegoat He believes that any vehicle without Night-Vision is inferior and therefore is pleb... :p

There is a vendor on here that sells the DEPOT branded lights for the 100 series. They are replacement houses with stock fittings.
If yours aren't overly clouded or nasty, may be time to look up the RETRO FIT 100 series thread and maybe through something in your stock housings. And don't mind @nukegoat He believes that any vehicle without Night-Vision is inferior and therefore is pleb... :p

Do you happen to know the vendor? Been thinking to get a set to refresh my front end...

Thanks in advanced.

As mentioned previously, DEPO headlights, and eagle eyes fit well and have pretty good light output. What's wrong with the headlights? If they are fogged, you should be able to bake the glass to remove the fog. There are a few threads on here IIRC about that process.

As mentioned previously, DEPO headlights, and eagle eyes fit well and have pretty good light output. What's wrong with the headlights? If they are fogged, you should be able to bake the glass to remove the fog. There are a few threads on here IIRC about that process.
Thanks, I mean they just on the out and are cracked a bit before I was able to put the bumper on it. Also I though some of those modern looking lights would look cool since my BMW has those really nice running lights. Just a project I guess!

Thank you so much for your help, excited to work on a new project!

The exact ones you posted in your pics are actually headlights on the later model 200 series which are different. I've never seen 200 series headlights on a 100 series but maybe someone out there has done it that I'm not aware of. The big difference (other than dimensions which I'm also unsure of) is the side of the light that contains the turn signal that wraps around toward the fender. On the 200 series pics you posted its just the little orange 'ear' at the top part and then it reconnects with the main section of the headlight about halfway down the side. On the 100 series the turn signal takes up that entire side portion. Also the inner portions of the 100 series lights that snug up next to the grille are convex, while the 200 lights are concave.

100 Series Headlights (these are the clear DEPO lights; I run these exact ones on my truck and love them they're my recommendation)

1586892843259.png

Versus 200 Series Headlights (note the difference in turn signal shape)

1586892871999.png

Hey, I'm a college student looking to continue modding my 2000 Land Cruiser and thought that set of new headlight would look great since mine are a bit old and not working as well. I was hoping if anyone knew of some headlights that would fit that car and were maybe more modern looking with halo running lights and such!

something of that look in the picture I'm attaching!

Thank you!

View attachment 2271904

Thank you guys for the reference. Yes I do have the Depo lamp as shown in stock.

How many types of headlights do you have for the Land Cruiser 100 series 2000?
Here maybe this will help.
98-02 has one set of lights. It is what you have on your truck that is a two piece bezel. The two pieces are the main headlight buckets and then turn signals.
03+ have a one-piece design (like what @TheForger posted) and takes a bit of modification (slight) to get it to fit into the earlier year models.
Do some reading on the retro fit threads on how to PROPERLY retrofit the buckets to accept HID/LED bulbs. Just because they fit doesn't mean they are LEGAL or proper, too many people are doing that garbage and blinding on-coming traffic because they stuff HIDs or LEDs into the reflector housings and it scatters the light all over. As someone that has sensitive eyes at night (easily blinded by this garbage) I want to take a wet hose and a sock full of nickles to all the ricer idiots out there or the monster truck tiny pen15 crew that run these in their reflector housings.

How many types of headlights do you have for the Land Cruiser 100 series 2000?

I carry the factory style Depo glass headlamp as well as Depo 1 piece in Chrome and black that fits 98-05 LC.

Last edited:
Does anyone offer retrofit services? would like to buy depo lights have them retrofitted...

Does anyone offer retrofit services? would like to buy depo lights have them retrofitted...
I think that TheRetroFitSource does or did at one point. With the current situation of things, lots of those services may have been halted.

I carry the factory style Depo glass headlamp as well as Depo 1 piece in Chrome and black that fits 98-05 LC.

Anyway to make it fit a 06-07?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom