Headlight conversion 7” round (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

dang that looks like a lot of light.

For those wiring a conversion to H4 plug as part of this mod.

The manufacturer of my LED's says lows are supposed to stay on when high's are switched on. Both high & low on, when high's are switched on, is the OEM functionality. Some LED's can over heat, and it is not recommended by the manufacturer, to have both high & low on at the same time.

This wiring diagram seems to work for my '93 (the wire colors are for the PS). The wiring can be done for the DS, just by orienting the lock tab on the 9005/9006 pigtail plug same as the PS. This approach will require one relay on each side. If this approach can be modified to for 2 relays on each side, please let me know. As somebody that has experienced an engine fire, I am all about any additional safety elements when it comes to electrical wiring.

For those wiring a conversion to H4 plug as part of this mod.

The manufacturer of my LED's says lows are supposed to stay on when high's are switched on. Both high & low on, when high's are switched on, is the OEM functionality. Some LED's can over heat, and it is not recommended by the manufacturer, to have both high & low on at the same time.

This wiring diagram seems to work for my '93 (the wire colors are for the PS). The wiring can be done for the DS, just by orienting the lock tab on the 9005/9006 pigtail plug same as the PS. This approach will require one relay on each side. If this approach can be modified to for 2 relays on each side, please let me know. As somebody that has experienced an engine fire, I am all about any additional safety elements when it comes to electrical wiring.

View attachment 1921160View attachment 1921172
This is good info. Thanks.

Received my grille insert today and mocked up the El-Cheapo LEDs a bit. These LED's are just shy of 7" diameter and just over 2" thick. It looks like I have 2.5" before the light hits the fan motor and still have them fit flush. There's almost 3" if I want them to protrude out about 1/2".
I'm going to have the red light housings powder coated black fine texture to match the grille.

Here's the lights on Amazon for $38. They don't have glass lenses even though it says they do. :mad:
Amazon product ASIN B07K1XBD81
20190326_153621.jpg

20190326_153629.jpg

20190326_153642.jpg

@aktundra are you heating those LEDs during the winter or they stay so cold they don't have a snow build up?

Got my grille lights installed. They augment my HIDs nicely. I'm going to leave them red, they look kind of neat that way. Pulls the focus from my actual headlights. Just need to get my new insert powder coated now. It's looking very sharp.

Got my grille lights installed. They augment my HIDs nicely. I'm going to leave them red, they look kind of neat that way. Pulls the focus from my actual headlights. Just need to get my new insert powder coated now. It's looking very sharp.
Your spacers are on the way, mailed them this morning. I kinda want to see some matching Dapper hexagon headlights in the grille too.

Your spacers are on the way, mailed them this morning. I kinda want to see some matching Dapper hexagon headlights in the grille too.
Nice, thanks. I would too but those Dapper hexagons are 4.5" deep. I only have 2" on the passenger side due to my Spal fan and 3" on the driver side due to the oil cooler. Such a bummer cause those hexagons are the same size and they really look great together. You could pull it off on the 100 with that cavernous grille. Sadly, if you want the lights in the middle to fit flush they can only be the LEDs I bought. That 2" depth sucks. Even those KC SlimLites are 2.75", I may go with those later on but they will have to protrude and that may look bad.

Received my grille insert today and mocked up the El-Cheapo LEDs a bit. These LED's are just shy of 7" diameter and just over 2" thick. It looks like I have 2.5" before the light hits the fan motor and still have them fit flush. There's almost 3" if I want them to protrude out about 1/2".
I'm going to have the red light housings powder coated black fine texture to match the grille.

Here's the lights on Amazon for $38. They don't have glass lenses even though it says they do. :mad:
Amazon product ASIN B07K1XBD81
View attachment 1937646

View attachment 1937647

View attachment 1937648
Hurry up man! I want to see the finished product!

Hurry up man! I want to see the finished product!
I just reassembled everything yesterday but the chrome shop messed up my emblem and polished the wrong side. Apparently, the chrome shop doesn't understand what an L looks like. They are stripping it and starting over, should have it back soon. So frustrating.

I just reassembled everything yesterday but the chrome shop messed up my emblem and polished the wrong side. Apparently, the chrome shop doesn't understand what an L looks like. They are stripping it and starting over, should have it back soon. So frustrating.
Lame! I want to see it. How well do those headlights work?

I'll take pics tomorrow, it looks great! I lit the 3x LEDs as daytime running lights. Now the red grille LEDs come on with my High Beams. It's really going to pop when I get that emblem back.

The headlights work great, anyone who buys them I'd suggest you save your money and just buy a $150 H1: Morimoto Elite system with XB bulbs and XB Ballasts. The $60 Amazon set is not great, one weak bulb replaced with another weak bulb. I'm buying a 50W Morimoto Elite system next week.

Operation Bling Completed! Turned out very nice. I used lots of 3M VHB tape. Found out polished chrome scratches easily just from having it upside down on the table. I'll buff that out later. Now it's time to enjoy the finished product. Thanks for all the help @kelly saad!!

20190420_120120.jpg

20190420_120112.jpg

20190420_120105.jpg

20190419_142457.jpg

20190420_115014.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom