Headlamp Assy replacement High beam different (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just received headlamp replacements from Ebay and the high beam connection is different than original (and also different then pict in listing ) . Bulb does not fit. Have reached out but hoping to have done this weekend.

'03 LX470

https://www.ebay.com/itm/195911990455

Anyone experience this?

IMG_2426.jpg

IMG_2425.jpg

ORIGINAL CONNECTION

current.jpg

Everything else matches up, although did have an extra wire to low beam bulb. I assume for a different style bulb,

ON the assembly it is stamped "HB3" which is the typical bulb, but that one does not fit. Starting to think this is a manufacturer error.

What's the make of the housing? Eagle eye? Depo? TYC? These brand are top quality and made in Taiwan. Anything made in China is complete junk.

It looks like H4 bulb. There are dual filament and single filament available in H4. Not a good idea to spice a new connector, but if you want you can take that route.

been there, done that.

Before the ukrain thing blew up, I ordered l&r housings for my 2004. PO had totally messed up the housing putting led bulbs in....a) broke seal so now the housing fills w. water during rain events, b) scratched the hell out ofthe metalit reflective housing coating.

bought 2 housing off of ebay.....from russia :bang: took some time for delivery. Inspected and looked ok and put back into original shipping boxes until I could install.

ready to install and deeper inspection.....broken plastic tabs....went deeper on the inspection and all the bulb clocking tabs were way out....could not put bulbs in.

Ukrain thing happened. tried to contact sellers through ebay....anything related to russia was shut down.

did some extensive photo documentation showing all the deficiencies. submitted to ebay as a claim. They paid.

Now have 2 new slightly defective headlights sitting in my garage (on te 60's hood). wanting to take all housings apart and replace the chewed up reflector on my oem housings w the reflectors of the defective russian ones.

I'm guesing I'll get that done when....hell freezes over:doh:

Ebay Corrected Ebay link

Looks similar to this Anzo headlamp, which does state that it is not for original HID lights.

Anzo

They are going to refund me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom