HDJ80/1HDT 3 Inches Exhaust / Magnaflow (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

I installed a 3inch muffler on my HDJ80 past weekend, and well here are some pros and cons that I found...

Pros:
1- More Power, when accelerating the car just accelerates beastly.
2- More torque, when going uphill, it has more torque to stay on a High gear.
3- The sound... It is quiet when idling, which is perfect, no one notice it. But when you start pressing the pedal it just screams like hell plus the Turbo whistler.
4- Efficiency; as soon as I installed the muffler and turn the car on, my eyes started burning due to the non burned fuel (This was not happening before)... I re-adjusted the Pump by closing the diesel and it stopped, which made the car more efficient than before (Did not lose power).
5- I do not have EGT installed, but I took the car for a long trip (100KM) at 120KPH-150KPH on a hot day, and temps were more stable than before in therms of water temps.

*pd: Maybe my old pipe was restricting my motor from perform fine? Dont know, these are the things I found different when I changed the pipe*

Cons:
1- The pipe is that big that, is too hard to make it pass through all the car as the old pipe, plus it touches the body if this is made.
2- Mine is a little bit low which can be damaged by rocks in the future, the car has to be lifted at least 3 inches and use 30' tires to avoid any problem.

Here are some pictures:

W7DVyXx.jpg

MUexzmA.jpg

I will record a video as soon as I can, and post it here.
Next task will be to install a EGT, which I will have to do some research about it.

Last edited:
Best bet is to remove your manifold completely and drill it here for the EGT probe:
1HD-FT EXHAUST MANIFOLD.jpg

I wouldn't recommend putting a bunch of metal drillings/shavings through your turbo. To be accurate the probe needs to be PRE turbo.

Which muffler did you go with?

Hi, I used a magna flow muffler, is almost straight through. Just like this one:

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/i/171037736767-0-1/s-l1000.jpg

Best bet is to remove your manifold completely and drill it here for the EGT probe:
View attachment 1416458

I wouldn't recommend putting a bunch of metal drillings/shavings through your turbo. To be accurate the probe needs to be PRE turbo.

Nice! I will do the same job to get accurate temps then, thanks!

Here is the Video:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom