Have you ever wondered……? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Kayaker

SILVER Star
Threads
Have you ever wondered at what speed your unfastened FJ40 hood will gain sufficient lift to fly up and hit your roof? Well no need for you to run your own experiment. It’s 54 mph.

71839431475__75254202-16BA-46FE-8143-7A26E35DFAB2.jpeg

IMG_7121.jpeg

My worst infraction was backing out of a parking spot in a hurry, not paying attention and managing to roll into a concrete bollard. Hit was directly on the spare tire but the QEM swingout made a nice crease into the DS ambulance door. Can't see it but it just sucks to know its there and that its your own fault.

My worst infraction was backing out of a parking spot in a hurry, not paying attention and managing to roll into a concrete bollard. Hit was directly on the spare tire but the QEM swingout made a nice crease into the DS ambulance door. Can't see it but it just sucks to know its there and that its your own fault.
been there. 😞

My '72 and '73 projects both have evidence of this happening in the past.

I did that in my '66 MGB ~30 years ago on a rainy night after wiping the moisture out of the distributor cap. Aluminum hood. That sucked too.

i think my current project has actually suffered the hood injury if i look close. there are loads of dings and dents all over it so i’m not too worried. @Kayaker im sorry for you. yours is such a pretty truck. that hurts!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom