Has anyone had issues with trail gear spindle nut? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In the process if hunting down a wobble I checked my wheel bearings to see if they were loose. Sure enough both sides were loose not terrible like with oem spindle nut set-up but the concerning part is the set screws had made contact with the drive flange for many miles and the Allen head was gone from making contact. New keep in mind these screws were still very tight. I know these were made for minis but I know several are using them in 80s. Did I do something wrong when seeing them up? Original bearings as far as I know. Can't seem to figure out why they got loose again. Has opened up the front after installing trail gear spindle nut and finding similar issues? At the nlxacty point here

Mine didn't work loose, but one of the allen head bolts rubbed against the drive flange until it clearanced itself. It was pretty insignificantly worn. How much did yours wear the head of the screw?

Down To Where You Couldn't Tell Thru Started Out As Allen Head, Maybe An 1/8 Inch Of Material Left Of The Head

Mine werent loose at least the set screws weren't anyway. I figured that because these things are for mini truck spindles that is why the set screws were worn down. Is it possible my bearing preload was to light to start with. done initial work on sunday then checked them again thhis past tuesday and pass side was loose again. Something is going on with the setup and I can't figure out wth is up.Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. In a couple weeks I am getting new seals and axles w/ birfs and maybe i can see whats up with this. Wobble is driving me insane at this point. Its what I get for cracking on the jeep crowd with death wobble. KARMA

Common problem with drive plates (not a problem for 80 or 100 if locking hubs used:flipoff2:) it has been recommended to use pan head screws to get the needed clearance with drive plates.

I have been running TG spindle nut on both my 80 & LX470 and love the product without any issues.

Are you sure your bearing races are fully seated? If either the inner or outer race was not fully seated then your spindle nut would ride farther out on the spindle.

I really love the simplicity of the setup tg has. I probably just didn't have them seated in the spindle and ull pickup some pan head screws to Fix the clearance issue

I installed the TGs after typical OEM redos with the star washers, but didn't notice any rubbing. Seems like the surface was below the face of the hub??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom