Has anyone done a black interior on their 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I think I want to dye my carpet and my cloth seats black. I'm gonna do audi or bmw front seats. I love black interiors so wondering if anyone has done it. Currently I have the tan and brown interior in my 97.

I’ve got black interior in mine. I love it. I have black vinyl floor, covered my dash pad, armrest etc in black vinyl. My door cards are black abs. I have black after market front seats and black seat cover on the 2nd row. I haven’t done the headliner or pillar trims yet but I’ll probably do grey on the headliner. I can post some pics tomorrow.

I’ve got black interior in mine. I love it. I have black vinyl floor, covered my dash pad, armrest etc in black vinyl. My door cards are black abs. I have black after market front seats and black seat cover on the 2nd row. I haven’t done the headliner or pillar trims yet but I’ll probably do grey on the headliner. I can post some pics tomorrow.
Pics or it doesn't exist! :smokin:

Pics aren’t great. I can take some more in the daylight.

6B1E086B-9130-43F9-A9A7-6B90C47439E9.jpeg

2EEB7A79-73AB-46F4-A82E-4F9A68582708.jpeg

79C4A0C1-AD62-4E39-B233-DA22BDDCC11F.jpeg

1F320BC9-3EA7-4BD8-AB5F-9B6FC9BB4B0C.jpeg

4C07F2C1-DE4D-4387-A77B-4D54301F0B09.jpeg

Excellent. I think I'm gonna do it. I'm trying to avoid all the spray can dye stuff but might have to use it on the doors. I'm gonna use Rit dye on the cloth seats and carpet.

Excellent. I think I'm gonna do it. I'm trying to avoid all the spray can dye stuff but might have to use it on the doors. I'm gonna use Rit dye on the cloth seats and carpet.
You're gonna dye CLOTH seats?

I don't think I'd do it.....but that's me.

Most here have done this with replacement leather or vinyl seats. I wouldn't dye where I'm gonna park my sweaty ass for 14 hours.

Plus @voodu3 started with grey interior, not tan.

I think my favorite was @ZeGerman but the pics are gone :(

I just ordered some black Duplicolor vinyl spray to do my airbag since my steering wheel leather is/will be black. I have an area of my airbag that has the original color/texture peeling off, so hoping this solves for that.

@voodu3 did you spray your door cards or did you replace the leather there? Also, dibs on your stock gray armrest when you make the change ;)

@kuruzaa I made new door cards out of abs plastic. I recovered everything thing that was gray vinyl or cloth with black vinyl. Here’s a pic of the door card.

View attachment 2263815

View attachment 2263816
Looks great. I am planning to do a complete black interior as well, minus the headliner. Great idea for the door panel cards out of ABS. My biggest challenge is seat belts. I'd like to line up a solution for seat belts with black plastic trim.

Looks great. I am planning to do a complete black interior as well, minus the headliner. Great idea for the door panel cards out of ABS. My biggest challenge is seat belts. I'd like to line up a solution for seat belts with black plastic trim.
You could have new seatbelts made in black from the company recommended on this forum for redoing them. Just have to order black.

The plastic bits can be recolored with vinyl paint.

If your current belts are in good shape, I recommend you buy a trashed set and send THOSE off for rebuild, then sell your good shape oak colored belts to offset costs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom