Harness/Connector for defrost switch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, everyone.
I wanted to see if anyone was able to find aftermarket of universal connector that fits the defrost switch. I don't like the look of aftermarket switches and have been using defrost switches for everything from air pump to lights in my LC. Currently connecting each wire individualy with a single prone insulated connector.
Please share your ideas. Thank you.

s-l1600.jpg
Switch.jpg

I don't have an answer but have been looking for an answer to this exact system, so am following!

Scavenge for connectors in your local boneyard. Many Toyota vehicles of the era used those connectors or order the pigtails from your dealer.

I used to do that a ton when I was younger, but boneyards and boneyard pocking are no longer a thing here. My understanding is that it was killed by liability issues. Now we have metal recycling and salvage facilities that don't allow people to pull their own parts. Not all "progress" is awesome.

Scavenge for connectors in your local boneyard. Many Toyota vehicles of the era used those connectors or order the pigtails from your dealer.
Thank you.

Female connector is 90980−10797
Terminals are 82998-12340.
Thank you. That was the first thing I looked into. Housing and terminals will be around $65-70 per switch. That is the reason I asked if anyone found an aftermarket alternative.

Thank you. That was the first thing I looked into. Housing and terminals will be around $65-70 per switch. That is the reason I asked if anyone found an aftermarket alternative.
I just looked up these prices on McGeorge. I get $45.44 per 5 pin switch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom