Hard time removing injector washer seal. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I did my injectors today and had a issue with removing 1 injector seal.

I was able to get it out with a lot of effort but I may have caused some damage. I tried to split the washer with a flat head screwdriver to pull it out. I went slowly to try and not damage the surface I stopped before the washer split and broke thru. And in the end I may of caused some damage behind where the washer seats. I first tried using a washer extractor tool. And that didn't work.

I am not noticing any issues of misfire or leaks should I be concerned?

First picture is with the washer already removed. Second picture is the washer it self as you can see the washer didn't brake all the way thru. Last picture is the tool used to extract the injectors.

IMG_1116.JPG

IMG_1117.JPG

IMG_1120.PNG

Did you try a pick after spraying some wd40 on it? If its not leaking its ok. If it does, you will have to find a way to seal those gouges.
Is it a 1HZ or 1HDT?
I would have left it in there rather than mangle it and let a fuel injection shop deal with it. They would know how to get them out cleanly.

It's a 1hd-t. It's not leaking not that I can tell
Doesn't sound weird doesn't run weird.
I think I'm ok.

I never ran into a stuck injector seat (i.e. copper washer) when I did my injectors, but if I did I was planning on using a 4 to 6 inch long bolt with a threaded end, I believe an 8mm diameter bolt. Evidently other folks have had success with threading this onto the relatively softer copper washer and then pulling it up and out. However, if you have a washer extractor it probably does that exact thing...so who knows. Glad you got it out without permanent damage!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom