Wanted h55f top plate and or shifter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
looking for a top plate for the h55f that will be used on a late model year 86 fj60 as well as the shifter.

or if someone knows a part number if they can still purchased new from toyota

I'm planning on purchasing a new H55F. I have a 40-series top plate I'm swapping in. How soon do you need the part?

I'm planning on purchasing a new H55F. I have a 40-series top plate I'm swapping in. How soon do you need the part?
not in a huge hurry. are you buying new? and if so would you mind me asking what the price is. I had my dealer price me one cause I have a friend there

Yes; the plan is to buy new. I already have a 40-series top plate. I will not need the top plate that comes with the new transmission. I haven't researched the cost of the top plate but I can sell it for a reasonable discount below dealer cost. I plan on ordering the part in the next 4-8 weeks.

Yes; the plan is to buy new. I already have a 40-series top plate. I will not need the top plate that comes with the new transmission. I haven't researched the cost of the top plate but I can sell it for a reasonable discount below dealer cost. I plan on ordering the part in the next 4-8 weeks.
that should be fine. mine is getting rebuilt.

And who did you kill in order to find the 40 top plate? !!! Who are you getting you h55 from? How much?

Started collecting parts for the project before Land Cruisers were fetching the crazy prices nowadays. Over a decade ago, someone warned me of the top plate becoming a challenge to find. So, I picked one up. Wish I'd bought two extras given the crazy prices they're going for recently. Planning on ordering a new 5-speed from my local dealer if possible.

Going to order the H55F in the next couple days... Are you still interested in the top loader?

Yes. Let me know what the cost is on the transmission before you order. I have a connection at the local toyota place and may can get it cheaper

Yes. Let me know what the cost is on the transmission before you order. I have a connection at the local toyota place and may can get it cheaper
I was going to go that route before I found a reasonable tranny guy that could rebuild the use one I bought.

I've seen some smokin' deals for used 5-speeds... just wasn't 1st in line to snag em. Since I'm swapping the input with a 3B input, I'm not too intimidated about rebuilding a used H55F if another deal presented itself.

My parts guy always gives me a discount... but I haven't ordered anything in this price range before. I'll let you know either later today or tomorrow evening once I have a quote.

Last edited:
Not to horn in on your deal but I am looking for an H55F shifter for a reasonable price if you come across one.

Just ordered my H55F. The dealer cost is currently about $2600 give or take a few; I'm getting mine for roughly $2850. How does $175 + shipping sound for the top plate?

Last edited:
Funny, we've got two LHD 40 series 5 speeds out in the garage right now. Didn't realize they were hard to come by. :)

Not sure, but I think the shifter arm is the same for 4 speed & 5 speed, with only the shift ball being different. If someone could confirm, you should be able to get a shifter arm cheap.

Funny, we've got two LHD 40 series 5 speeds out in the garage right now. Didn't realize they were hard to come by. :)

Not sure, but I think the shifter arm is the same for 4 speed & 5 speed, with only the shift ball being different. If someone could confirm, you should be able to get a shifter arm cheap.

I'm not even selling a 40-series top plate and people are sending me pm's about it. I believe someone sold one recently for one 1K... can't remember the exact price but it was ridiculous. I ordered the shifter using the part number posted in the 60 section's FAQ regarding the H55F upgrade.

Picked up the 5-speed yesterday and my numbers above were off a few hundred $$$... I bought the H55F for $2400 and the shift lever for $160. The top loader is getting pulled this weekend if you're still interested.

Removed the top plate. Let me know if you're still interested. I'm holding off on posting in the parts section to give you 1st dibs.

IMG_0799.JPG

Pretty sure the shifter for a five speed is different then the four speed. Also curious how many different shifters were made for the five speed and which are still available. These came in the 40/60/70 series in both RHD and LHD. Have a H41 for a 84 HJ47RV. That is different then LHD models. The 60 series is a two piece setup. Question was the 70 two piece as well? @beno I'm sure knows the answer.

The depth of the 4-speed shift lever into the shifting fork is different if I recall correctly. So, I'm pretty sure you can't swap a 4-speed shifter for a 5-speed shifter.

I've seen some smokin' deals for used 5-speeds... just wasn't 1st in line to snag em. Since I'm swapping the input with a 3B input, I'm not too intimidated about rebuilding a used H55F if another deal presented itself.

Am I corrected in assuming you are removing the six cylinder input shaft and replacing it with the 3B input shaft?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom