H55 shifter removal - how? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
How do you remove the shifter from a H55? I spent hrs a year or more ago to repair something and now I need to remove again for a transmission swap. Yes the “locking” ring is removed, that’s easy. Thanks

IMG_9821.jpeg

I got one of these a few years ago. My quality of life has improved dramatically as a result.

I got one of these a few years ago. My quality of life has improved dramatically as a result.

How does it work? What does it do? I’ve seen these for sale over the years and thought about buying one, but never did😐

You should have lever in neutral then it lifts up. The tool is to rotate the lock ring but you are beyond that.

Lock rings were stiffer on early 3sps. I have taken 35 plus 4sp and 5sp shifters out with fingers only.

How does it work? What does it do? I’ve seen these for sale over the years and thought about buying one, but never did😐
As a physicist I say it is a class 2 lever that does work while minimizing entropy.
As a meta-physicist, I say it works by bringing order where once there was chaos.

you put it over the gear shift retainer. you push down. you turn it. you remove the gear shift. you move forward with life.

As a physicist I say it is a class 2 lever that does work while minimizing entropy.
As a meta-physicist, I say it works by bringing order where once there was chaos.

you put it over the gear shift retainer. you push down. you turn it. you remove the gear shift. you move forward with life.
Peter also works with BFH's and fire alot, too.

IMO, seriously it should just pull right straight up from there with the lock ring removed.

When the shifter ball grooves start to wear at the bottom they can grab those two round pegs they slide onto. Just needs more tug to come out.

The plastic cup should stay on shifter not in the guide. Also, the shift seat (1.5” ring in bottom of shifter cavity) should be replaced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom