SOLD H41 4 Speed (3B compatible) PRICE DROP - $200 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just swapped in a new H55F into my 89 BJ70 with 3B motor. The H41 that was in it is still in good working condition, was rebuilt by PO ~30K kms ago (which I have papers for) and gave me no problems the couple of years I spent driving with it. It's my opinion that this probably isn't worth much more than it's weight in scrap since it'll only fit behind a 3B w/longer bell housing wo/modifications and most 3Bs already have the 5spd. If anyone is interested please post and I'll upload photos/provide input shaft details (if needed)/let it go for cheap. Obviously I won't pay for shipping and won't ship internationally.

It's also worth noting that this semi-rare combination of 70 series and transmission is barely highway worthy. If you have an auto and want to switch to manual this is probably not a good candidate unless you're on a tight budget or never drive on the highway. It has identical gearing and dimensions to the H55F but without a 5th gear. Could be a good replacement for an H42 owner who wants the lower 1st gear.

I'm in Los Angeles. Also interested in trades for 70 series parts

Price: $750 negotiable

Last edited:
I just swapped in a new H55F into my 89 BJ70 with 3B motor. The H41 that was in it is still in good working condition, was rebuilt by PO ~30K kms ago (which I have papers for) and gave me no problems the couple of years I spent driving with it. It's my opinion that this probably isn't worth much more than it's weight in scrap since it'll only fit behind a 3B w/longer bell housing wo/modifications and most 3Bs already have the 5spd. If anyone is interested please post and I'll upload photos/provide input shaft details (if needed)/let it go for cheap. Obviously I won't pay for shipping and won't ship internationally.

It's also worth noting that this semi-rare combination of 70 series and transmission is barely highway worthy. If you have an auto and want to switch to manual this is probably not a good candidate unless you're on a tight budget or never drive on the highway. It has identical gearing and dimensions to the H55F but without a 5th gear. Could be a good replacement for an H42 owner who wants the lower 1st gear.

I'm in Los Angeles. Also interested in trades for 70 series parts

Per the IH8MUD Classified rules, you need to post a price at a minimum. You can negotiate pricing off-line with prospective buyer.

Per the IH8MUD Classified rules, you need to post a price at a minimum. You can negotiate pricing off-line with prospective buyer.

Sorry, price added

I will pay you scrap value for it :) last I checked that was $0.05 per LBS

I will pay you scrap value for it :) last I checked that was $0.05 per LBS

Hah! I shouldn't have been so forthcoming. I guess that would amount to ~$12.50?

I'll see if there's any other interest, and I emphasize negotiable on price - $750 is a bit arbitrary although I am aware of the scarcity of the input shaft and top plate. PM if you're actually interested and we can work something out.

The top plate thing you are talking about is 5 speed 40 series top plates not 4 speed.

I was only interested at Scrap value as you found out they aren't really much good for anything. Sometimes being scarce means it is gunna be hard to sell cause their arn't many B series engines running around down here

GLWS

The top plate thing you are talking about is 5 speed 40 series top plates not 4 speed.

I was only interested at Scrap value as you found out they aren't really much good for anything. Sometimes being scarce means it is gunna be hard to sell cause their arn't many B series engines running around down here

GLWS

I see, I was confused about the top plate. There are so many threads about transmission swap tech.

Where are you located btw?

San Diego

Right, I thought someone with a US 40 or 60 would be all over this. Dismantled and traded the valuable parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom