H151F swap parts list? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

eimkeith

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
eimkeith.com
We've decided we're going to manual-swap my wife's '95 FZJ80, so I'm trying to put together a shopping list. I'd prefer to buy new parts where appropriate (transmission, lines, etc.) Does anyone have a good list of part numbers for a complete conversion?

We've decided we're going to manual-swap my wife's '95 FZJ80, so I'm trying to put together a shopping list. I'd prefer to buy new parts where appropriate (transmission, lines, etc.) Does anyone have a good list of part numbers for a complete conversion?
Happy wife, Happy life!!!

Japan4x4 was able to hook me up with my new h151f and associated parts. IIRC No new 80 series h151f's are available through toyota though, only 100 series versions which have a slightly different case and shifter positioning I'm sure there might be some top secret stash of new 80 series h151f's somewhere... I believe you can get a h152 that fits perfectly correct in the 80 though, however you are dealing with different gearing. There's plenty of info out you just need to sift through it. Do you have a budget set yet?

I believe you can get a h152 that fits perfectly correct in the 80

I don't think that's correct.

As far as I know, H152f was only used in VDJ7* Series behind the V8 diesel.

The bell housing and input shaft are V8 specific.

There's a few who've torn down H152 and swapped in h151 6 cylinder input shafts and bell housing

Troll through parts diagrams on partsouq

I don't think that's correct.

As far as I know, H152f was only used in VDJ7* Series behind the V8 diesel.

The bell housing and input shaft are V8 specific.

There's a few who've torn down H152 and swapped in h151 6 cylinder input shafts and bell housing
I guess what I meant was that the h152 main case puts the shifter perfectly where the original 80 series shifter would be compared to a 100 series h151f. The bellhousing swap and input shaft swaps have been documented here on mud. I also had to swap input shafts and bellhousings on my new 100 series h151 to mate it to the 1fz in my 80, even with that the shifter sits further back 4-6 inches vs a box with an 80 series center case. this also means you cannot just put a stock 80 series shifter console or shifter boot setup in you need to modify it. an h152 with the correct input and bell will be exactly like an 80 h151 externally. with all that being said, i still don't believe there is a drop in brand new h series transmission available from toyota anymore, you will have to modify a new one with available oem parts or find a used 80 series h151f.

oh also the manual brake pedal isn't available new anymore so you will have to modify the auto pedal or find a used pedal.

Last edited:
I guess what I meant was that the h152 main case puts the shifter perfectly where the original 80 series shifter would be compared to a 100 series h151f. The bellhousing swap and input shaft swaps have been documented here on mud. I also had to swap input shafts and bellhousings on my new 100 series h151 to mate it to the 1fz in my 80, even with that the shifter sits further back 4-6 inches vs a box with an 80 series center case. this also means you cannot just put a stock 80 series shifter console or shifter boot setup in you need to modify it. an h152 with the correct input and bell will be exactly like an 80 h151 externally. with all that being said, i still don't believe there is a drop in brand new h series transmission available from toyota anymore, you will have to modify a new one with available oem parts or find a used 80 series h151f.

oh also the manual brake pedal isn't available new anymore so you will have to modify the auto pedal or find a used pedal.
hmm. it's sounding like I might be better off buying a used package, perhaps...

hmm. it's sounding like I might be better off buying a used package, perhaps...
That would probably be the cheapest option and would avoid most of the headache of compiling all the parts and doing the transmission mod and install work. I have not totaled up the cost of my swap cause I don't really care but it's probably right around 10-12k that's trans, pedal, clutch and flywheel, shifters, hydraulics, driveshafts, mounts and mount modification parts, misc stuff like trans oil, misc hardware and such.

Bumping this up top to get the status from @eimkeith as I'm having the same itch :bang:

Not sure if this is the right thread to add this in, but has anyone done the swap of a brand new (2022) H152F into a 80 series?

Specifically the issue I am facing is the 5th gear clutch hub on the back of the mainshaft hasn't been drilled and tapped (like it is in all H150/H151 and at least the earlier H152 gearboxes).

This is making it really difficult to remove. I have tried pulling the main gear set (as i think it pushes up against the hub), but trying really hard not to damage the teeth on the gearset). Next option I guess is heat, but wondering if anyone has successfully drilled and tapped the hub in place?

IMG_0283.JPG

Tried a couple of home made tools (which took hours to make), no luck. Really bloody annoyed and normally I can do the input shaft swap/rebuild in a few hours, but this has taken all day and not even half way through disassembly. Going to call toyota tomorrow and see what tool they use and what the price is on buying one (but i suspect it won't be cheap)

haven't moved on this, yet - but since we're doing a lot of work on the 80 right now, I'm looking for spare change everywhere. ;)

Yeah, I bet!!!

that sexy goodness right there looks like it cost (parts+labor) more than my 80......

Did a h152 to h151 a week ago. No issues.

Cheers

Nice work, did you end up having to pull the rear 5th gear hub thing as well? If so, was it drilled and tapped or blank like mine?

What year gearbox is yours?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom