GX470 in Issaquah, WA (Great Seattle area) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everybody,

Just joined the forum and wanted to introduce myself and ask for some references.

Here is my truck, the 10 years old 2005 GX470, approaching 100K. I bought it couple month ago (before I was a happy owner of the 06 Xterra and a the 15 4Runner)

23493859586_09332caa4a_k.jpg

23157546930_9cc3a73c2a_h.jpg

I have installed the back coil conversion kit (Metaltech) with the 2" Radflo springs + Radflo 2.5" coilovers in the front.
BF Goodrich Ko is my traditional favorite tire choice.

I'm looking for at least on light mod -- replacing stock steps with sliders, right now the only option I see is the OPOR Lexus GX470 Sliders (OPOR Lexus GX470 Sliders) Please feel free to suggest a better option!

Down the road I'm thinking about the steel bumpers and a winch.

I'm new to the whole PNW area, recently moved to Issaquah, WA from Indiana. I would appreciate if you could give me some recommendations for some good offroad shops -- I can install the lift, but when it comes to troubleshooting or more hardcore mods I'm not that good.

Right now I'l looking for some help figuring out some strange noise coming from my suspension as well as getting the sliders installed (thinking about welding them to the frame).

Thanks!

first. research like a madman. Then wait for the "gentleman" to pull it together and get his sliders finished. Everything you want to know can be found on here.
I also have the silver GX and BFG KO's. Great rig. Tons of off-road nuts in your neck of the woods.

Glad to see another GX in the Seattle Area.

Bobincovington took his GX to Auburn Car Repair and Offroad in Auburn Washington ad had good things to say (Another Pearl GX Trail Ready Project Begins...) .

Das Mule is in Issaquah - they are more the bumper/slider/winch install than mechanic.
CUSTOM BUILDS

If you are in a rush and not going to wait to see what thegentleman puts together - here another source for GX470 sliders (non-KDSS version only):
GX470 Rock Sliders: Lexus GX460 and GX470 Rock Sliders

Glad to see another GX in the Seattle Area.

Bobincovington took his GX to Auburn Car Repair and Offroad in Auburn Washington ad had good things to say (Another Pearl GX Trail Ready Project Begins...) .

Das Mule is in Issaquah - they are more the bumper/slider/winch install than mechanic.
CUSTOM BUILDS

If you are in a rush and not going to wait to see what thegentleman puts together - here another source for GX470 sliders (non-KDSS version only):
GX470 Rock Sliders: Lexus GX460 and GX470 Rock Sliders

Took me a while to figure out what/who "thegentleman" was :) Seems like another option I was not aware of. Where do I get more info/order these?

Rocky road sliders are also pretty nice -- I need to figure out which one is the best for me.

Thank you for the shops recommendations, I already found the MULE Expedition Outfitters, but, like you said, they are more like installers.

Keep in mind that there are 3 sides to every story. I've worked at Rocky Road for many years and it's amazing the stories that we hear. I think that people lump a lot complaints into "customer service" when it can be many things, back orders from suppliers, problems with their billing, etc.

People also don't realize that the level of service that they receive is often equal to the level of civility that they give to whoever they are dealing with. Rarely do we get complaints about the quality of our products, and most of the time it turns out that there is something odd with their vehicle. When we screw up, we do everything in our power to make it right.

I don't want to turn this into a pissing match, but do want to present an alternate view.

BTW, my GX is what we used to prototype those sliders and they work great. I've owned many cruisers and other Toyotas and have been on mud for awhile, even if I don't post much. A prototype GX specific roof rack is coming out of powder coat today and I'll be loading it up this weekend. If anyone has an issue they are welcome to contact me personally.

OP, great looking GX. If you decide to go with our sliders, let me know. I'll give you a discount in exchange for a write-up.

Last edited:
Keep in mind that there are 3 sides to every story. I've worked at Rocky Road for many years and it's amazing the stories that we hear. I think that people lump a lot complaints into "customer service" when it can be many things, back orders from suppliers, problems with their billing, etc.

People also don't realize that the level of service that they receive is often equal to the level of civility that they give to whoever they are dealing with. Rarely do we get complaints about the quality of our products, and most of the time it turns out that there is something odd with their vehicle. When we screw up, we do everything in our power to make it right.

I don't want to turn this into a pissing match, but do want to present an alternate view.

BTW, my GX is what we used to prototype those sliders and they work great. I've owned many cruisers and other Toyotas and have been on mud for awhile, even if I don't post much. A prototype GX specific roof rack is coming out of powder coat today and I'll be loading it up this weekend. If anyone has an issue they are welcome to contact me personally.

OP, great looking GX. If you decide to go with our sliders, let me know. I'll give you a discount in exchange for a write-up.

Thanks, this all makes sense. I'll keep it in mind.
Do you have more info on how to mount your sliders?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom