Media GX460 / Prado150 pic thread

Photo/Video/Audio threads

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks great! Do you have a pic from the front, I'd like to see the way the grille interfaces with the bumper.

PXL_20260920_010734257.webp


PXL_20260920_010806029.webp


PXL_20260920_010757248.webp
 
Thanks! Super happy w it. The badlands 12k fit like a glove behind the grill. Shout-out to 80% off-road!
Just FYI, but some protection for the AC condenser might be a good idea. Otherwise a rock/debris kicked up by traffic, or a stick, could take it out and cause a loss of freon.
 
Couple quick pics post front bumper job. Looking at some interior storage upgrades next, and maybe marlin high clearance skids...

View attachment 4215410

View attachment 4215411
Lov'n the high clearance rear departure angle for your back bumper!
One of the things I really dislike about the MetalTech rear bumpers. But on the plus side of MetalTech rear bumpers, is that it makes a great platform to stand on, prepare food, work on, a seat, etc. which we use all the time. It sticks out about 6 to 9 inches!
 
Last edited:
The last side shot can give you an idea of how high the winch is mounted.
With the winch mounted that high, a pull would expert a substantial amount of leverage on the bumper itself and the front frame horns. Most winches are mounted quite a bit lower - in line with the frame horns - which reduces leverage (i.e., moment) on the frame horns during a pull. I'd estimate that the high-mounted winch could apply about double the force to the frame horns compared a more conventionally-mounted winch (measurements would be needed to verify that estimate), with the moment (i.e., downward twisting force) component of the loading probably being well beyond what the frame horns were designed for (they are only small 1/8" steel tubing, after all).

I would suggest a set of frame stiffening brackets to keep the frame horns from getting damaged. I have them on my bumper, where the winch is mounted basically in-line with the frame horns (see photos of mine below, which are from SRQ Fabrications). They tie the bumper and frame horns into the core support and sway bar mounts, which distributes winching load over a much larger area. They might not work on a KDSS-equipped GX460; you may need to find another supplier who offers them for KDSS-equipped rigs (or have a set fabricated).
20260903_191314 (1).webp
 
Peridot mica vs nori green
IMG_5817.webp
 
I think Peridot Mica is a lot richer color.
A better comparison would be Peridot, Nori, Sage, and Cypress green all next to each other :). TBH I like all of them despite being a Cypress green owner.
 
Back
Top Bottom