GX 470 front bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for a "discrete" Prado-like bolt-on front bumper for the GX... I like the Duello, but I like the FJ 120 bumpers more, and have not been able to find domestic US suppliers... Suggestions? Is this a custom build?

This is a Prado 120 ARB bullbar on an '05 GX470. Is this what you're talking about? This was ordered through Cruiser Outfitters and installed by them in their shop. @cruiseroutfit

Edit: just noticed your wording "discrete". haha. Prob not something like this then!

Agree with @maa45069 - post a pic of something along the lines of what you are thinking.

Last edited:
Looks like a great option... The Prado is not an exact fit with the quarter panels, would require some grinding/cutting... Thanks for the info... I'll post when I get there...

This is a Prado 120 ARB bullbar on an '05 GX470. Is this what you're talking about? This was ordered through Cruiser Outfitters and installed by them in their shop. @cruiseroutfit

Edit: just noticed your wording "discrete". haha. Prob not something like this then!

Agree with @maa45069 - post a pic of something along the lines of what you are thinking.

View attachment 1921116
Def nothing discreet about that beautiful thing haha

Metal tech make a basic bumper:
Metal Tech 2003-09 GX470 Raven Front HYBRID Bumper Stage 1
$1,045.95 $836.76

Looking for a "discrete" Prado-like bolt-on front bumper for the GX... I like the Duello, but I like the FJ 120 bumpers more, and have not been able to find domestic US suppliers... Suggestions? Is this a custom build?

Thanks for your input slowhogg & maa. I have an '07 GX470 that my wife uses as a daily because she likes it (along with a '71 FJ40 just for MY fun)... This Prado bumper is kinda what I had in mind.... If I could find this and add a winch, I'd be a happy camper (as would the wife...). if I can't find something close, I'll probably go with the Duello, but with lights and a winch that hits in the $2700 range, so not cheap...

Metal tech has a Goblin bumper for Gx470:

They have three stages for this bumper

This one does look a bit more discrete. :) I would think that you could fit it up to the GX just like the other Prado bars like the ARB, Ironman, etc, but I would expect that you would need to do similar trimming on the GX (and/or on the bumper itself a bit). You can see for sure it fits up similarly into the fender and fender guard so you would def be trimming that area. And most likely a bit underneath and behind. Who makes it? Lynx? I've never heard of them... For some reason it makes me think its an Alibaba type bumper. Have you checked on there?

View attachment 1921419
Thanks for your input slowhogg & maa. I have an '07 GX470 that my wife uses as a daily because she likes it (along with a '71 FJ40 just for MY fun)... This Prado bumper is kinda what I had in mind.... If I could find this and add a winch, I'd be a happy camper (as would the wife...). if I can't find something close, I'll probably go with the Duello, but with lights and a winch that hits in the $2700 range, so not cheap...

View attachment 1921116

I saw a cougar run across the trail right in front of me mountain biking alone one night at 10:00PM - in the top left corner of this pic. Code brown 💩

Dissent Offroad's is on the more discrete side "metal bumper on a Lexus."

For some reason it makes me think its an Alibaba type bumper. Have you checked on there?
Haha like this?

On my phone I can't even tell if it's metal or plastic

I still get compliments on my Dissent Offroad bumper... and am still quite happy with it, a year later. Couple posers from this past week here...

View attachment 1921994View attachment 1921995View attachment 1921996
This is my favorite GX 470 bumper Ive seen yet! I was considering the Metal Tech Raven hybrid, but I am liking the clean look of this one a lot better. Do you happen to know how much it weighs? I know they do all custom orders, but if you dont mind me asking, what was the ballpark price range for this bumper? Thanks!

This is my favorite GX 470 bumper Ive seen yet! I was considering the Metal Tech Raven hybrid, but I am liking the clean look of this one a lot better. Do you happen to know how much it weighs? I know they do all custom orders, but if you dont mind me asking, what was the ballpark price range for this bumper? Thanks!
I got mine today. Ben did it in aluminum for me for $1575. I haven’t weighed the pieces but the total shipping weight says 90lbs including the pallet. I ordered it in January.
View attachment 1984704

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom