Guide to GX 460 Builds and Aftermarket Products (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Any recommendation for a bolt-on muffler that sounds good (or any bolt on muffler). Appreciate it.

Good point. I have them on mine. Great products. I will add to the list.
Likewise and will be orderering a set for the 4Runner soon. Only added a bit of time to my tire rotation

I have the Carven dump and I really like it.
I saw this and was interested because of the price, but not really confident in dumping the exhaust before the axle. Do you smell exhaust in the cabin in traffic? Is there a lot of drone because the exhaust empties under the rear seats? Does it pass inspection in TX (I know that part won't matter in 2025).

I saw this and was interested because of the price, but not really confident in dumping the exhaust before the axle. Do you smell exhaust in the cabin in traffic? Is there a lot of drone because the exhaust empties under the rear seats? Does it pass inspection in TX (I know that part won't matter in 2025).
To your points:
  1. No, never have smelled any exhaust in the cabin, either driving, cruising nor sitting still for any period of time. I've sat still while idling for over 15 minutes before, and even with changes of direction of a breeze, no smell.
  2. Very slight drone when coasting down hill at about 15-20 MPH, but not annoying. No drone while driving at highway speeds.
  3. Can't say anything about passing inspection in Texas, but not an issue in CA, and if it passes in CA, can't see why it wouldn't in TX! Need to be sure we have the catalytic converter and a muffler of some kind.
  4. As a note I DO have the factory muffler, but NOT the resonator.

To your points:
  1. No, never have smelled any exhaust in the cabin, either driving, cruising nor sitting still for any period of time. I've sat still while idling for over 15 minutes before, and even with changes of direction of a breeze, no smell.
  2. Very slight drone when coasting down hill at about 15-20 MPH, but not annoying. No drone while driving at highway speeds.
  3. Can't say anything about passing inspection in Texas, but not an issue in CA, and if it passes in CA, can't see why it wouldn't in TX! Need to be sure we have the catalytic converter and a muffler of some kind.
  4. As a note I DO have the factory muffler, but NOT the resonator.
Haha, very true. In 2025, there will be no inspections in TX anyway. So moot point I guess.

Do you have this one?

Haha, very true. In 2025, there will be no inspections in TX anyway. So moot point I guess.

Do you have this one?
No I don't.
After jacking up the resonator and tailpipe a couple times going through rock gardens, I had a local muffler guy cut off the resonator just past the muffler and weld in a short down spout, slightly pointing out to the side.
So far been quite pleased!

Brembo brake rotors 09.B634.11
1000006905.jpg

EBC DP61657 "Green Stuff" Truck and offroad pads.

20240420_145100.jpg

Reactions: r2m
Link for known-functional parking sensors for 2010-2013. I successfully used this to replace a bad sensor in the front of my 2011.

Amazon product ASIN B07KR1PYRB

Anyone know of an aftermarket part for the 2021? I'm chasing a parking sensor issue on mine and don't want to pay $$ for OEM Lexus; otherwise they'll just be off indefinitely. Wife likes 'em though so the search continues...

Allegedly the dealer may warranty service but I really hate dealing w/ dealer service departments. It's a 21 w/ 30k on it... Hmm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom