GSMTR 2017 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Registration is open for the 26th annual Great Smoky Mountain Trail Ride (GSMTR), at www.stlca.org/gsmtr/ . The event is May 15-20, 2017 at Wind Rock Park, Oliver Springs, TN (near Oak Ridge) This Park is 72,000 acres with over 300 miles of trails from mild to wild, something for everyone.

There will be easy and moderate guided trail rides Monday-Friday

Your registration includes: Free primitive camping in group camping area, Thursday night games and hotdog cookout, Friday evening pizza and beverages followed by a Band and Saturday evening BBQ meal and Raffle plus a T-shirt and event decal.

The park offers Cabins and full hook up RV spaces, for more information on the park www.windrockpark.com

Registration Note: We are still working on the See Who’s Coming page; your name will show up there in a few days.

STLCA-17 (2).jpg

64 Days til The Great Smoky Mountain Trail Ride

The Band is booked

The BBQ is ordered

The Raffle prizes are rolling in

The Committees are working hard to make this an awesome event

The only thing left is for you to register; you don’t want to miss the 26 annual GSMTR

www.stlca.org/gsmtr/register/

You all don’t want to miss the GSMTR 2017 Raffle; this is going to be the biggest Saturday Night Raffle in years, UPS and FedEx arriving daily with more awesome prizes.

This year’s Major Sponsors so far are: Southeast Overland, Benton Welding, ACC Garage, JBA Off-road, RC4WD, Orange Boxx Fab, Land Cruiser Heaven, Pro Comp USA, Trollhole Cruisers.

Supporting Sponsors: Bundutec USA, Clemson 4 Wheel, Cruiser Parts LLC, Iron Pig Off Road, Low Range Off Road, Metal Tech, Power Tank, RCV Performance, Slee Off Road, TRD Parts 4U- Toyota of Dallas, TPI 4X4, Trail Gear, Tuffy Security Products, Demello off Road, Borgeson, Sack Wear, Cascadia Vehicle Tents, OK4WD, Cruiser Outfitters, FJVI Store, Warn, SOR, Outer Limit Supply and more showing up every day.

50 days left til GSMTR register today; www.stlca.org/gsmtr/register

I'll be there all week as usual but looking like the Ga crew might be in spotty attendance this year. :bang: Not anyone's fault, just how life is playing out for many down here right now.

Registered. plan as of now is to be there may 17th-21st.
:beer:

Depending on how my graduate classes are in May, I (and Sam) will be up there Wed. night or Friday morning through Sunday

Only 21 days left to pre-register for 26 th Annual GSMTR May 15-20,2017. You can register at the event but you may not receive a T-shirt or driver’s bag and you will pay $10 more. And pre registering helps us plan for meals, camping etc. register at www.stlca.org/gsmtr/register

We have lots of great things planned; Guided Trail rides all week, Thursday night Hot dog cookout and cornhole tournament, Friday night pizza dinner and live performance by Handsome and the Humbles , Saturday morning the blindfold driver race and Saturday evening BBQ Dinner and an awesome Raffle.

Register now

I'll be there all week as usual but looking like the Ga crew might be in spotty attendance this year. :bang: Not anyone's fault, just how life is playing out for many down here right now.

Dennis and I are registered, and Steve (brown diesel FJ60) hopes to have his new linked LS mini-truck ready (think he's on 40" MTRs), and possibly another buggy or capable mini in our group, so wouldn't mind tagging along with ya'all again on some moderate to heavy trails. Leastwise if it's a manageable sized group.

I'll be up to North Georgia Friday before, plan to arrive at Windrock to camp Monday/Tuesday, but will be in cabin #14 the rest of the week if you don't see us around the pavilion/camp.

Dennis and I are registered, and Steve (brown diesel FJ60) hopes to have his new linked LS mini-truck ready (think he's on 40" MTRs), and possibly another buggy or capable mini in our group, so wouldn't mind tagging along with ya'all again on some moderate to heavy trails. Leastwise if it's a manageable sized group.

I'll be up to North Georgia Friday before, plan to arrive at Windrock to camp Monday/Tuesday, but will be in cabin #14 the rest of the week if you don't see us around the pavilion/camp.

excellent, was wondering if you guys were going to make it. I guess we're still ironing out our plans but I/we expect to be up there no later than Sunday afternoon.

The 4 of you and 2 or 3 of us make it a good sized group early in the week so should be able to cover some good trails.

The deadline for pre-registration for the Great Smoky Mountain Trail Ride is just around the corner.

If you haven't registered yet, head over to www.stlca.org/gsmtr/register to sign up before May 1st!

IMG_0848.JPG

The Great Smoky Mountain Trail Ride at Windrock Park in Oliver Springs, TN is turning out to be the best yet. You don't want to miss out on the great food, live music and huge raffle that will benefit the Southern Four Wheel Drive Association and BlueRibbon Coalition.

Raffle prizes include a set of 5 tires, a bumper, several winches, RC off road trucks and many others.
The $85 Driver Registration includes:
Guest registration for your family or 1 guest
2017 GSMTR T-shirt & decal
Primitive camping from May 15th to 20th
Guided Trail Rides
Dinner Thursday & Friday
Live Band Friday
BBQ Meal Saturday
And a Driver's Raffle Ticket for a BIG prize

Don't wait. Sign up TODAY!

#greatsmokymountaintrailride
#gsmtr2017 <---the official hashtag

Very few of you know me personally so this will not likely find me a solution, but I've exhausted every other option I could think of so I'm going to ask here as a last ditch effort for help...

I am flying in for GSMTR and have graciously been offered the use of a wheeler (with trailer) for the event, but I do not have the means to tow it from Atlanta to Windrock. Does anyone have a tow rig I could rent inexpensively or have any suggestions? (Sunday-Sunday)

Steve what is the wheeler?

Not ideal but If someone could get it to My place by May 12 I could haul it to Windrock

Not ideal but If someone could get it to My place by May 12 I could haul it to Windrock
Thanks. I'll keep that option in mind but I think if I had a way to get the trailer out of the yard at all, I'd be able to get it all the way to the park most likely.

early in the week is looking pretty good as far as a good wheeling crowd, probably oughta start thinking trail priorities. Think I'll hit the FL crew up to see what they're thinking is since the Ga crew aint nowhere to be found online.

Who's coming from Georgia? Just you Ted?

My plan is Tues or Wed thru Friday. I don't know trail numbers, so I'll just follow and hopefully not break. Cadillac hill trail was fun but was a winch fest last year. Not sure that I'm interested in driving Walden Ridge - the pics/vids even make it look sketchy.

Who's coming from Georgia? Just you Ted?

as of now it's me, John and Steve on Sunday. Later in the week Sidney (+ family), Tony (see above), Nick, Dave and Randy (Zuk buggy) are coming up for the duration. Aside from those guys I couldn't tell ya.

I was hoping to get a new guy up there but he's proving far less reliable than I'd hoped so gonna kick him to the curb.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom