Grill Guard installed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was close. ;)
Sean

Whith my obvious agreement with Nick's statements non-withstanding, maybe I should clarify my stance on the whole deal.

Adrian, the main problem you are facing here is that most people who post on this board are of the more functional, practical type. That's why we own Land Cruisers, and not Navigators with 24" rims. Placing a brush guard on a vehicle as a modification brings up a certain irony that does not go unnoticed by these folk: the whole idea of a brush guard is to make a vehicle appear more rugged (picture safaris on the Serengetti), when it in actuality makes it markedly less rugged. If it's looks you are after, you may as well keep it in the functional spirit of the Land Cruiser and buy an ARB/Slee/other bumper that both looks great (much better than a brush guard IMOP) AND serves a purpose off-road.

Peace out...

Speaking of body painting the grill guard. Theres a guy down the street from me that has a white 91. His truck has a white grill, white grill guard, white front bumber, white mud flaps, white tail light grills, white bug deflecter, WHITE RUNNING BOARDS, but - and can you believe it? left the rims alone. Everytime I see it I just want to smack him.

It's a full Moon too........ :beer:

I thought about painting my mudflaps to match the body, but I got over it........... :p

[quote author=92Cruiser link=board=2;threadid=6114;start=msg49263#msg49263 date=1065737105]
Speaking of body painting the grill guard. Theres a guy down the street from me that has a white 91. His truck has a white grill, white grill guard, white front bumber, white mud flaps, white tail light grills, white bug deflecter, WHITE RUNNING BOARDS, but - and can you believe it? left the rims alone. Everytime I see it I just want to smack him.
[/quote]

wow -- a white bug deflector - I can't beat that....!

Uh..
Can I at least get a word in edgewise to pad the post count

here goes>>>>>>> :flipoff2:<<<<<<<<<

Damn....that felt good.

OK..so I have a stock front bumper, hock full of rock rash....next thing you'll see is a Slee up there....and that's that! A fine little trail called Fordyce made my stock one look like it should...a POS..and I didn't even make it all the way on Fordyce...it's a nasty BIOTCH..,

Now ya'll cool down or I'll sick my bad ass six year old son on ya with a can o'whoopass :) :) :)

Here in the Bay Area..aint nuthin but brush guards....People look at my lifted cruiser, like it's a mutant...I look down and think "crush"!!!! Then I turn up the TOOL and drive off
:flipoff2:

In all though great group here...and any one of you could tell me off if I pull an idiot maneuver...which I have.... and it's all in good fun

By the way...there is nothin wrong with wheeling and beer...in moderation :beer:

Well, thanks for all your input and I apologize for stirring up the session. Never meant to. Interesting that my wife owns 97 Land Rover Discovery and I wasm just in that site and they have so different point of view on grill guards. But also, these crowds are not like here. Very harsh people. Talk about bashing.
I love my landcruiser. I hope to keep it for the long time. This is a site I come to get info, repair advise, and meet certain experts like cruiserdan. Also as much as possible, I would like to do the same thing, give advise or input to people who needs them. Isn't that what this board is all about? Sharing knowledge, information, and expertise, giving honest inputs on questions asked, and meeting fellow cruiser owners....
:beer: :cheers:

>> But also, these crowds are not like here. Very harsh people. Talk about bashing. <<

That sentence alone is enough to straighten us up. There's no way we want a noobie or a regular to get the impression we're anything like the folks over on the LR boards. :D

-B-

This thread was like one of those National Geographic film clips where some unsuspecting individual gets malled by a tiger, Horrifying to watch but I was unable to turn away.

Adrian, we tend to be more substance orientated here and putting something on a truck for pure asthetics is viewed as silly.

Now go away for a few days and comeback with a new screen name and all will be forgotten :cheers:

Rick,

>> ... pure asthetics is viewed as silly. <<

You low life SOB! This is obviously some crack at my new side indicator lamps. Harumph.

-B-

This guy is getting beat like a 'redheaded stepchild on Christmas morning' -50 bashing post in 10 hours and no Junk!!!!

Geez..

Yeah...well I got that super sexy, I'm so cool, I go so fast...carbon fiber dash kit....I'm thinkin I need those glowing under the truck lights...

dang I wish the PO never put that crud on......

i still have my factory brush guard and bumper on, anyone want to buy it, only (what's the current price on a slee bumper?) :D :flipoff2:
who was it had their credit card out? :slap:

[quote author=thorvald link=board=2;threadid=6114;start=msg49550#msg49550 date=1065802702]
i still have my factory brush guard
[/quote]

Thor,

there aint no factory brush guard :slap: (aftermarket dealer installed, maybe) ;)

[quote author=Darkangel link=board=2;threadid=6114;start=msg49293#msg49293 date=1065740577]
This is a site I come to get info, repair advise, and meet certain experts like cruiserdan.[/quote]

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

hehe :flipoff2:

-Ferg-

Careful there Ben. ;)

I'll push the remote destruct button on yer diff lock sleeve when you least expect it :rolleyes:

D-

[quote author=Eduardo96FZJ80 link=board=2;threadid=6114;start=msg49516#msg49516 date=1065798766]
Nick,
I'm surprised you didn't get reported to the "moderator" :p
[/quote]

No need to be reported, he's always watching. I even know what you did with Junk's momma last night. Did you rent that costume or do ya own it? :D

Ain't no need to do no moderatin' when the harshest thread we've had in weeks has more conciliatory remarks than nasty ones. Leaves me lots of time to drink :beer: :beer: :beer:

and watch Michigan lose again. :'(

[quote author=Gumby link=board=2;threadid=6114;start=msg49585#msg49585 date=1065806793]
I even know what you did with Junk's momma last night. Did you rent that costume or do ya own it? :D
[/quote]

If you’re talking to me, no. I own all my own costumes. No point in getting your 3rd member in stuff that someone else has already junked in. :flipoff2: Besides his moma is way to demandig. " PUT THE GIMP ON, NO THE DIAPER, NO THE CLOWN SUIT" Sheesh it's hard work...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom