Grill Guard installed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
go for the WAAG 3pc grill guard($402). I got it from gogrillguards.com and prompt delivery with very reasonable delivery fee ($40). I am waiting for the tail light guard yet to come.
The reason for WAAG being the best is,
1. Looks the best since it does not cover everything front of the nose. It contours just for the headlight part leaving turn signal clear which looks much cleaner and customized look.

2. Easy to install and durable joints, bolts and weld positions.

FYI for people looking to install grill guard.

Fire in the hole! :flipoff2:

Should we save this one for Junk? I know we would get some good :flipoff2: :flipoff2: out of this topic.

hmm for $402 I think I may order one too...will they color match to my ballerina outfit? :flipoff2:

I just put my slee front on that I bought from Junk so I think I may be tuned to his psychic energy.

[quote author=DanKunz link=board=2;threadid=6114;start=msg49029#msg49029 date=1065706535]
I just put my slee front on that I bought from Junk so I think I may be tuned to his psychic energy.
[/quote]

Speaking of Junk bashing cheesy aftermarket damage extender accessories, I must have missed what happened to him??? Did he give up his 80?

Before you install it. Search the archives. In very low impact front end knocks, grill guards tend to rotate around the bumper mounting points and lever into the top of the grill and hood causing $$$$ more damage than a simular impact with just the stock bumper. Send it back, save your money and get Slee or ARB.
Sorry to rain on your parade, but I am just trying to advise you with good intensions. A grill guard does not "guard". It is an oxymoron.
Sean
There is never enough money to do it right the first time, but always enough to do it twice.

[lurk off] In all seriousness they really are nothing but crash multipliers. You may think you look cool at the parking lot in the mall. But if you get in a small wreck your Cruiser is going to get owned. Like they said save up for a Slee or an ARB and sell that piece of crap. Don't even let them ship you the taillight guards. Same story there.

[junk on] WTF man I told your momma only to get the taillight guards so when I bend her over I won't bruise her as bad. I bet you feel really bad as@ driving around in your pristine Mall Cruiser going to pick your kids up from piano practice. Kinda like I feel when I'm driving your sister. I'm actually glad people like you exist so when the newness of the truck wears off and your on to the next fad I'll be there to buy it so someone will actually get to wheel it...Just ask your momma
:ban:
[junk off]

To recap your new toys are nothing more then BLING. Something that most of the people on this board find useless. Were not knocking you only your choice of accessories. Don't take it personal. And if the heat is too much for you then maybe you will feel more at home here.
http://www.acme-outfitters.com/wwwboard/index.html

:cheers:
Nick [lurk on]

>> Fire in the hole! <<
ROTFLMAO.

Got Pics? :D
-B-

I am surprised at how many people REALLY against the grill Guard. All correct. It is a beautifying accessory. I do not think it is meant to withstand 100MPH crash or off roading with cases of beer in your body and crash into a earth cavity. If you get into an accident, your car is going to get ruined no matter what if you had a guard or not. SO what is the difference in having the $400 guards or $4000 TRD supercharger on SUV and trying to beat Ferrari?
Everybody has their opinion and personal preference and I respect that. you buy your LC because it is best looking, reliable Sport Utility Vehicle and it is up to personal individual preference to whether they put, grill guard, wind deflector, LC engraved license plate holder, Gold emblem, tint, mud flap. Not everybody buys LC JUST intend to do Off roads. Yes. There are some mom's and dad's buy LC and accessorize their vehicle and drive to mall and drops kids off the school. What is wrong with that? Much better than leaving your kids and wives at home and spending weekend on mud off roading witih your buddies.
Be respectful to other LC owners with their own taste. Don't be bashful. We are all in a same club.

Man,

Yer no fun..... :rolleyes:

They are teasing a NEWBE....... ;)

Oh, BTW, I had a Garvin guard on mine for a long time. :D

Cruiserdan,

I figured..... I am not really a newbe. I owned 94LC before for 2years (actually my wife's) and 97 now. Interim, I had (2) 92 Saab900T conv, 91 Mercedes 300E 4Matic, 91 BMW 750IL, 93Bronco, 88 Blazer, 90 Grand Prix GTP Mclauren, 99Yukon Denali, 97 Expedition, 91 Audi V8, 91 Pathfinder, 92 VW Passat, 92Subaru SVX and I must tell ya, LC is the best so far amongst the car I have owned. Comfortable, good looking, durable, reliable, easy DIY.... :flipoff2: :cheers:

[quote author=410225 link=board=2;threadid=6114;start=msg49140#msg49140 date=1065722812]
I am surprised at how many people REALLY against the grill Guard. All correct. It is a beautifying accessory. I do not think it is meant to withstand 100MPH crash or off roading with cases of beer in your body and crash into a earth cavity. If you get into an accident, your car is going to get ruined no matter what if you had a guard or not. SO what is the difference in having the $400 guards or $4000 TRD supercharger on SUV and trying to beat Ferrari?
Everybody has their opinion and personal preference and I respect that. you buy your LC because it is best looking, reliable Sport Utility Vehicle and it is up to personal individual preference to whether they put, grill guard, wind deflector, LC engraved license plate holder, Gold emblem, tint, mud flap. Not everybody buys LC JUST intend to do Off roads. Yes. There are some mom's and dad's buy LC and accessorize their vehicle and drive to mall and drops kids off the school. What is wrong with that? Much better than leaving your kids and wives at home and spending weekend on mud off roading witih your buddies.
Be respectful to other LC owners with their own taste. Don't be bashful. We are all in a same club.
[/quote]

WTF, now you deserve it. Your right in the fact that is a beautifying accessory. But if we play chicken going 5 MPH towards each other who is going to walk away with 5 bucks worth of damage and who is going to have a 2000 dollar repair bill? How do you think your brush guard is going to stand up to my ARB? The point is you would be better off with nothing at all.

Also shame on you for implying that all “real wheelers” do so with a case of beer in their gut. All I can say to that is you’re an ASSHAT.

WTF does a supercharged 80 have to do with trying to run down a Ferrari? Were talking about your cheesy Bling lets not forget that.

As far as accessories go to each there own as far as I’m concerned. But if you only plan on driving it to the mall and impressing your yuppie friends then Why NOT BUY A NICE WAGON ? Oh wait I forgot. You’re willing to put your family’s wellbeing at a higher risk by driving a SUV that you never intend to use how it was originally designed.

And for the record I don’t leave the wife and kids at home when I go wheeling. I take them with me. You will find that most four wheel drive clubs are actually very family oriented. And I HATE MUD.

Is it good to respect fellow Cruiser Heads? Yes it is. But alas your not one of them. Don’t flatter yourself into thinking that you’re in the same club as me. You’re not even in the same game…
:mad:

~41225~

Chill dude!

You're a newbe, if you'd been here longer you would understand the personalities that come along with the posts. I on the other hand am a Junior and am here to school you! :flipoff2:

Fact of the matter is you just dropped a chunk on some junk. The quality of the material you just purchased is not going to withstand even a 15 mph fender bender. The "gaurd" will be in the grill. It's just not made of thick enough material. Made to look nice and and push weeds down on the "off road" adventures of the average soccer mom. Personally I like the way they look. But why not spend the extra $200 and get an ARB? Looks a lot nicer in my opinon, and the opinion of everyone here and you have some decent protection. Plus it is something that will actually add value to your truck if you ever decided to sell it. What you bought won't. That's just the facts, and what everyone was trying to say, we're not bashing, just messing with you.

P.S. I go to the mall and soccer games with my family, I don't drink, never have, and my family loves coming with me on the trails.

P.P.S. You're not in my club. :D

Is it good to respect fellow Cruiser Heads? Yes it is. But alas your not one of them. Don’t flatter yourself into thinking that you’re in the same club as me. You’re not even in the same game…

waaaaaaaahhhhhh snaaaaaap!!!!!!

I sense sexual tension here....is it just me? :flipoff2:

Nick,

you got a point in some aspects and it is your opinion. Don't take it as you are the ONE I am implying this to.
Being bashful because someone is happy that they have put in the grill guard they have always wanted? And maybe share the info and opinion I have to the boards is wrong and need bashed? WTF is right. Think again Nick.
TRD Supercharger is a comparison to another as you imply "Yuppy accessory". Why do people get supercharger on SUV which is intended to off road or haul your family to the trail and wilderness safer and economical way? Answer that. Than you will know my intention of comparison.
Beer drinking and leaving family behind on going off road... Maybe I was extreme on this and wrongful to generalize this crowd. Apologize to members, and I might have gone off too muc. but NOT you Nick. And I have never considered you as a same member anyways.

Hi, I'm Dan and I have a Supercharger. Not a plain one, mind you. Overdriven and on the edge of detonation. Where does the group session meet? :rolleyes:

Where's my Keystone?

Jeeze since were on a first name basis I'd love to call you by yours, but it seems you would rather hide behind a # . The reason super chargers are put on trucks is after larger tires and armor are outfitted on a truck it tends to sap it of power. Hence the need for a supercharger. Do I have one ? No , because at this point I don't really need it and feel that money could be spent better someplace else.

As far as your cute little remark about us not being the same members all I can say is good. That means your not polluting the Hetro Gene Pool.
:-*
Nick not hiding behind a # Mora

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom