Grill Guard installed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DarkieAngel,

WTF :flipoff2:

WTF with the FAAG guard? :flipoff2: Just kidding.

Looks like this thread has taken several turns. Here's my take, and feel free to ignore it like I do the zit on your mommas bung.

Most guys on this site wheel their junk. Some pretty hard and some just a little. If you like the WAAG, then cool, buy it and put it on. It's your truck and you do what you want. Keep in mind though, that everyone on this board would go out of their way to help you any time you need it. Part of that help is helping folks realize the implications of their decisions. For example, if you buy the WAAG for the looks and that's what you want, then cool. But don't expect it to help you at all. What do I mean? Well, I had an ARB on my truck and hit 3 or 4 deer (can't remember now it's been so many). 3 of the 4 were at highway speeds and they bascially just blew up leaving only fuzzies and blood on the ARB. Never a dent anywhere. I've also hit one slower, and have plowed over trees (on approval from landowner) with it. It is very beefy and will protect your family if you have a low speed crash or hit something like another car. If you hit something hard, like a bridge support, it will not crush as fast as the WAAG and will transfer more energy to you. If you hit a deer with the WAAG, expect a huge repair bill though. The bar will bend badly and will likely create more damage that you would have had otherwise.

The ARB looks very nice and works great. The Slee bumper is also very beefy and looks great. I do not like the looks of the WAAG or the performance, but if you do, then that's all that matters.

I'll still give ya a :flipoff2: though just for good measure.

.... and a spare for the road. :flipoff2:

The ARB bar is great if you hit dead centre for kangaroo's etc up to 120kph [75mph] and the wings will bend a little, but they ussually flex back, up to about 80kph with roo's, but emu's and ostrich's you have to be careful, because with the long neck the head comes over the top of the ARB bar, and the head dents the bonnet.....

I flattened some trees, up to about 4" round with my ARB a while ago, overetaking some slow coaches while on a wheeling trail, couldnt wait, so flattened the bush to get around them, at about 40kph, bullbar was fine, but I lost both my 240 Lightforce covers........ :'(

Im not sure, but stand in front of the car for me and we will find out... :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

[quote author=the shed guy link=board=2;threadid=6114;start=msg49751#msg49751 date=1065837781]
The ARB bar is great but emu's and ostrich's you have to be careful, because with the long neck the head comes over the top of the ARB bar, and the head dents the bonnet.....
[/quote]

:D Delightful prose............... :cheers:

Wow. I thought I was gonna have to go lookin for greener LC pastures after this thread took off...but soon we were back on topic with Junk's momma and clow suits and I was chuckling again. Don't do that to me!

Whoa there Nilly, for a while there, thought I was is Dweb :flipoff2:

But, I'm happy to see that we all kissed and made up. ;)

Kinda reminds of this scenario:
Me - Hi, I'd like a Whopper value meal with cheese minus onions
Pimpy kid behind counter - But sir, onions are what makes this burger taste great.
Me- but I don't like onions, nor do I like smelling like onions afterwards.
PKBC - what kind of an idiot doesn't like onions on their burger? Didn't your dad teach you how to make a burger on the BBQ?
Me - why you little MoFo..... and that's where I get arrested for jumping the counter and started to FUBAR his little ass.

Choice - it's a beautiful thing :D

:cheers:

While we're on the subject, what do you guys think of those really neat tail-light guards - - - - HA HA Just kidding...

What vehicle is this? It looks like an 80 with FJ62 headlights. Some kind of upside down Oz truck?

COMMERCIAL.jpg

Thats a 95 on Aus DX [poverty pack, barn doors, black mirrors, no flares though that one has aftermarket flares 2wd/4wd with hubs.

All our 80's had those headlights except the sahara, the grille is 95 on, pre 95 had a bar through the middle with TOYOTA on it.

That ARB bar is to suit a PTO winch also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom