Greeting from Boise-- (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The move was tough. The moving company called the day of the move and informed me there wasn't room on the truck. We ended up loading the truck late in the day during a monsoon. I'm convinced there is no hope for moving companies. My welder and air compressor showed up scratched and dented. I have insurance but...what a mess.
On the drive up we encountered another monsoon in Flag. I noticed water ingress on the floor boards. Water was coming in from a bad windscreen seal. I called Curt in SLC and he hooked me up with a resource in Provo. Good to have a network along the way.
After another week in a hotel our belongings finally showed up and we moved into our new place. I haven't met him/her yet but there's a green 40 three houses down and neighbors have already come by asking if they can use a tow strap, they know I own one based on what I drive.
Not sure of what resources I'd have in my new metro, I tried to get my cruiser wish lists done before I left for Boise. Kevin and John were kind enough to install new transfer case gears on short notice. I need to thank two others who helped out in the project. John (JJ) let me use his gears, a new set is on it's way from Marlin. In addition Claudia's project move to the back for a day so Kevin could get my work done. Merf's team also installed new seat motors at a very reasonable price. Thanks to all.
After my tools arrived I swapped out the transfer case gear oil and took the cruiser for a test drive. I took my nephew who had a blast. The location is in the foothills surrounding Boise and minutes from my house.
I've attended a meeting of a local off-road group. It was held in the back room of a pizza joint. There was a printed agenda, speakers, and a grab bag swag drawing. I didn't join and later went with my nephew to do a timing belt install on a BMW 3 series. If you don't roll around under your rigs at meetings I'm not interested. Lots of heeps...I feel alone :crybaby: My rig does turn a lot of heads here.
More to come as time premits. Cheers to all.

2013-09-14 18.55.45.jpg
2013-09-14 19.17.47.jpg

2013-09-14 18.55.45.jpg

2013-09-14 19.17.47.jpg

yeah, looks like terrible surroundings :cheers:

Moving sucks! :flipoff2: No two ways about it. Our recent move (just finished yesterday) was 4 blocks and it was worse in someways than our move from FLA to AZ 8 years ago. I remember wanting to strangle some movers for a while after that. Amazing how some of your more fragile items fair well and some of the more robust items get beat to hell. Hope it all sorts out OK for you and your family Brittan.
I spent some time on some Scout/IH forums over the last year as I've been working on my son's project and I seem to remember a pretty big group from the Boise area. The were pretty active on a few boards (Binder Bench,Binder Planet). May not be Cruiser guys but they aren't Heep guys either.
Anyway, before you know it it'll be time to start planning Cruise Moab '14 activities!

Be good and keep in touch. Cheers!

-Norm

Glad things are settling down for you Brittan - it must be exciting to be able to have a whole new area to explore.

Keep sending us updates and pictures of your adventures :steer:

Moab '14?

Howdy! Hope things are starting to settle in for you up there. Hang in there, eventually you will get the locals all edjamakated on Landcruisers!! Any chunks on that drain plug magnet? John

don't look under there, you'll find something :doh:

John - Few flakes on the plug. Nothing unexpected. It appears the gears are waring in as they should. I'll replace the oil again in 3K and see what it looks like.

Kevin -- Ya...found my low range. Been looking at trails. This one isn't hard but looks remote. My nephew and I have plans to do a spring run.
http://www.everytrail.com/guide/magruder-corridor-guide

John - Few flakes on the plug. Nothing unexpected. It appears the gears are waring in as they should. I'll replace the oil again in 3K and see what it looks like.

Kevin -- Ya...found my low range. Been looking at trails. This one isn't hard but looks remote. My nephew and I have plans to do a spring run.
http://www.everytrail.com/guide/magruder-corridor-guide
Thanks, good to know. We really try to keep the case nearly surgically clean. I actually build a "dental dam" style barrier around the work site to isolate it from the rest of the box. Not easy to do working uphill from a creeper. It's nice to know that is is worth all the extra work. Overall your job well very well. Our proficiency is improving, as each one we do takes less time and manpower. Wheel On! John

Drove by your house the other day and was parking before I remembered you were gone.
Keep us up to date on life in ID!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom