Greater Boston area owners thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I second BDR in Holliston. I had them install my lift as I just don't feel like doing it in my driveway anymore. Great place, very familiar with aftermarket suspension and maintenance.

Roko is also good. I've ordered a few misc things from them and they are good too.

Hello, would anyone in the Worcester area (or maybe near a Commuter Rail stop/Boston) be willing to let me sit in/look at their LX 470 or LC 100 for a few minutes?

I'm trying to buy one, but since I've never set foot in a Land Cruiser before, making sure that I fit well and get good visibility would give me some peace of mind before flying across half the country.

I'd be more than happy to bring some snacks (or if necessary, Venmo a few bucks) in exchange for your time.

Hello, would anyone in the Worcester area (or maybe near a Commuter Rail stop/Boston) be willing to let me sit in/look at their LX 470 or LC 100 for a few minutes?

I'm trying to buy one, but since I've never set foot in a Land Cruiser before, making sure that I fit well and get good visibility would give me some peace of mind before flying across half the country.

I'd be more than happy to bring some snacks (or if necessary, Venmo a few bucks) in exchange for your time.
What time & where?

What time & where?
I'm in Worcester, so somewhere within the city would be ideal (for me), but I'd be willing to travel a bit with the Commuter Rail (ideally during the weekend because there's a fixed-rate pass), which covers most of the Worcester/Boston corridor plus anything accessible by the T. I'd also prefer to look at the vehicle while there's sunlight out.

Schedule is pretty flexible, if anyone is interested/willing to meet, please send me a DM to arrange logistics so that we don't clog up this thread.

I'm in Worcester, so somewhere within the city would be ideal (for me), but I'd be willing to travel a bit with the Commuter Rail (ideally during the weekend because there's a fixed-rate pass), which covers most of the Worcester/Boston corridor plus anything accessible by the T. I'd also prefer to look at the vehicle while there's sunlight out.

Schedule is pretty flexible, if anyone is interested/willing to meet, please send me a DM to arrange logistics so that we don't clog up this thread.
Nice meeting you today - good luck with your LX470 purchase!

Bought the LX last week and drove her up from Texas. Still have to figure out exactly what I'm doing, but everything's been OK so far and I'm looking forward to going camping etc... later in the spring.

PXL_20220315_215418966.jpg

I saw that one FS, seemed like a decent truck. I considered buying it but just didnt care for the LX and hi air intake on it. Enjoy!

Bought the LX last week and drove her up from Texas. Still have to figure out exactly what I'm doing, but everything's been OK so far and I'm looking forward to going camping etc... later in the spring.

View attachment 2953372
This is an awesome find - love it! I know this is kind of random, but is that the WPI campus? I believe it is! :) I graduated in 1998. My place is in southern Worcester county, but also have a place in PA where I spend a bit of time. Small world.

It is indeed!

Awesome! The campus has changed a bit since I was there, but this brought back memories. Also nice to meet another LC/LX owner in the Worcester area. I have a 2018 LC200 and love it, but have been contemplating ordering the new 2022 LX. I'm just not sold on the grill, the twin turbo V6, or the lack of a split tailgate.

I'm driving up to MA on Saturday and will be there for a few weeks - are there any LC/LX meet ups? I am also a member of Overland Bound (actually, I am member #0001) and was part of that original group when I lived in northern CA. There used to be meet ups, but the whole group just got too big for me!

I'm driving up to MA on Saturday and will be there for a few weeks - are there any LC/LX meet ups? I am also a member of Overland Bound (actually, I am member #0001) and was part of that original group when I lived in northern CA. There used to be meet ups, but the whole group just got too big for me!
Have to figure this out myself as well lol. Definitely want to go offroad at some point just to try it out, but I don't know what I'm doing so I'd much rather go in a group.

Have to figure this out myself as well lol. Definitely want to go offroad at some point just to try it out, but I don't know what I'm doing so I'd much rather go in a group.

I hear you there! To be honest, off roading in New England sucks compared to out west. There are decent places in ME, VT, and NH, but tend to be highly technical and not really suited for our rigs. Not because of the capability, but because it's rock climbing on narrow trails. I definitely miss overlanding out in CA, NV, AZ, and UT.

There used to be a cool secret trail near me, no one knew about it, but it's closed now (it was private).

There are places you guys with the nice trucks can go. Plenty of Class 6 roads in NH, the Yankee Toys club does several runs per year that range from mild to wild. If you are not a member of Yankee Toys, its easy to sign up. YT is also does a Fall Gathering in Peterborough, NH. The Fall Gathering is Columbus Day Weekend, Starts on Thursday, with runs on Friday and Saturday. Plenty of stock trails, Not sure I would take a brand new LC, but that up to the owner. If you are a member keep checking the members only section for the next club run.

AOAA in PA is a pretty decent place, AOAA FULL THROTTLE EXPERIENCE | AOAA Trails - https://www.aoaatrails.com) Lots of stock trails and gravel roads, you can get into anything you want. Let me known if you want to sign up with Yankee Toys

Gotham City hosts the Coal miners Cruiser Classic in July here is a link to the registration page: Coal Mine Cruiser Classic – Gotham City Land Cruisers - http://gclcli.com/coal-mine-cruiser-classic/

This year they are doing a Overland event also. The campground is very nice, either tent or RV, as the cabins are usually taken.

Hope this helps.

Mike

This is an awesome find - love it! I know this is kind of random, but is that the WPI campus? I believe it is! :) I graduated in 1998. My place is in southern Worcester county, but also have a place in PA where I spend a bit of time. Small world.
Hey, I'm in Sutton with a relatively stock 2006 LC. Would love to see your rig!

Hey, I'm in Sutton with a relatively stock 2006 LC. Would love to see your rig!

Howdy! Small world, my place is in Douglas, but right on the Sutton line. I have a 2018 LC200, no modifications except for BF Goodrich A/T KO2s and I installed an extra light on the lift gate. My house in PA is not too far from Mainline Overland, so I have been toying with the idea of starting my modification journey, but it is a slippery slope. HAHA! My previous vehicle was a 2013 Land Rover LR4/Discovery 4 and I built that up heavy, but I was living out west in CA and did a lot of overlanding.

I'll be up here in MA until mid-April with some travel the that second week in April (MS and FL). Send me a message!

Hi,

I am new to the Boston area, are there any public trails for the whole family to enjoy in the 2 hour drive proximity to Boston?
Just picked up a FJ80, wanted to take the family on a trail.
Thanks

Welcome Alex! Many/most are closed right now as they are still pretty wet. Give it couple weeks and there are a bunch in SW NH and SE VT with 2 hours.

Welcome Alex! Many/most are closed right now as they are still pretty wet. Give it couple weeks and there are a bunch in SW NH and SE VT with 2 hours.
Right, it's considered good to wait until after mud season, around May 1st. A lot of the class 6 roads in NH should be good and some class 4 in VT are doable within 2 hours. Check out mainline overland trail rides, for guided trail runs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom