Greater Boston area owners thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sorry to bomb the thread - originally from NH, driving up from GA for thanksgiving and have a local friend who just picked up a four runner - looking for a nice intermediate trail within reasonable driving distance from metro Boston. Can you guys recommend anything?

Sorry to bomb the thread - originally from NH, driving up from GA for thanksgiving and have a local friend who just picked up a four runner - looking for a nice intermediate trail within reasonable driving distance from metro Boston. Can you guys recommend anything?
there is a yearly crawl thanksgiving day morning on I95 to anywhere.

there is a yearly crawl thanksgiving day morning on I95 to anywhere.
The real low range event is the evening before Thanksgiving....

There are a lot of Class 6 (unmaintained) public roads in southern NH within 2 hours of Boston proper. Most class 6 (class 4 in VT) are high range roads with a few low range sections. For nonstop technical low range trails, which are mostly private, you are best to join a 4x4 club

The real low range event is the evening before Thanksgiving....

There are a lot of Class 6 (unmaintained) public roads in southern NH within 2 hours of Boston proper. Most class 6 (class 4 in VT) are high range roads with a few low range sections. For nonstop technical low range trails, which are mostly private, you are best to join a 4x4 club
Thanks. Ya we are definitely looking for Class 6 for this trip.

Done, I'll be there Friday and Saturday. Looking forward to it!
Good meeting you this past weekend, PM if you want more info on Wool Wax. Cheers!

Hey everyone, I moved to Brookline this past summer and have enjoyed some wheeling up in VT but am looking for some more folks to wheel with. I'd like to check out Old Florida Road, Jericho Mtn and Devil's Pass at some point and would also love to get out in the snow. I have had my 100 since 2015, which my parents bought new when I was only three years old, so I would like to keep in it one piece although I am coming from the Southeast where body damage was unavoidable...

Is there a local group that goes out for dinner or holds some sort of monthly meet-up? Recently, I have been taking care of a lot of neglected maintenance. Are there any semi-regular wrenching days? I'm surprised at how many built-up 4x4s are in the area considering how tight the roads/parking are!

Hi Trist,

To be able to access most of the wheeling spots you will need to join a club. Yankee toys would be happy to have you. Join Yankee Toys – Event Registry.

For wheeling we are putting together a wheeling schedule for the coming season. Planning on one event per weekend from May to November. We will possibly be having a wrenching day in February. A group of us play hooky every year and go to Jericho in June mid week. NEA is having a snow wheeling event in March, but you need to be a member of a club.

We have a big club meet on Columbus day weekend every year.

If you have any questions, you can PM me.

Mike Onesty
Yankee Toys VP

What Mike said!

The majority of (not all) off-roading/4wheeling in New England is club based due to land use restrictions. But there are some informal gatherings of freinds outside of formal club runs, but those are based on friendships made from being in a club. YT is one of the lowest cost of entry clubs to join in New England, pretty much the cost of large pizza and 6 pack of craft beer.

Thanks @Mike Onesty and @REDrum ! Mike, I believe I saw you in your 80 buggy and another YT memeber in the green stretched 40 at the Jungle for Hallowheeling, I had the silver 100 (parked for most of the trails). I was hoping to make it out to the 2022 Fall Gathering but I was out of town. That all sounds great, I will be filling out the form tonight! I look forward to meeting more of the club and getting out onto the trails.

Tristan

Yes both Kina and I were at the Juble this past Halloween. I think I remember your truck. Welcome aboard!!

Look forward to meeting you again!!

Mike

Anyone by chance have a line on a rear upper hatch for a 100 that does not have the rusty holes at the top? Mine has has gone from bubbling paint to full blown holes over the past year, and in the process killed the hatch opening handle and probably all the other innards.

Every junk yard I call/ marketplace listing they are gone immediately.

Anyone by chance have a line on a rear upper hatch for a 100 that does not have the rusty holes at the top? Mine has has gone from bubbling paint to full blown holes over the past year, and in the process killed the hatch opening handle and probably all the other innards.

Every junk yard I call/ marketplace listing they are gone immediately.
I went thru this a few years back with my '99, spent A LOT of time on the phone and driving around New England; and only to find upper hatches worse than what I had.... FWIW.... I ended up buying a non rotted upper hatch, (but with some surface rust), out of Texas ($550 shipped) and had the rust knocked back when I had the whole truck repainted.

Hi guys,

I am looking for a bit of advice.
A few things I would like to do to my truck, but was unable so far

The first, I could not find someone that would do a valve seal job, two people wanted to do a whole head job, no prices still. What is a good price to have a refreshed head put on? And what is a good price for a valve seal job?
Does any one know of a place that would do that?

Second is, I am looking for a parts truck.
I will be taking my truck out of the US I some time, wanted to find a good parts truck.
Where do you think I will get the cleanest parts truck, no rust and most interior in place, for a good price? I don’t need it to be registerable on have any drive line components.

Third, I have a few rust issues I want to resolve, do you know of a good professional that does that kind of work?

Thanks!

F3888E3B-215D-4F80-980A-3E05D2A59D26.jpeg

What year is the 80? I have a bunch of glass and body panels off of my 93 that could use a new home. I have wiring and ECU etc.. Mine was a 93. I have an OBD 1 motor and Trans and Transfer case that I want o move also. Motor and trans have 230K or so, transfer case was rebuilt with Under drive gears for low range around 4 years ago or so. if you have a list or are interested in parts shoot me a PM.

I went thru this a few years back with my '99, spent A LOT of time on the phone and driving around New England; and only to find upper hatches worse than what I had.... FWIW.... I ended up buying a non rotted upper hatch, (but with some surface rust), out of Texas ($550 shipped) and had the rust knocked back when I had the whole truck repainted.
Thanks. What I figured based on everything I've seen as well.

Hi all - does anyone have a good mechanic in the Cape Ann area? I'm in dire need of a tuneup but don't want to bring to a random shop.

Hi all - does anyone have a good mechanic in the Cape Ann area? I'm in dire need of a tuneup but don't want to bring to a random shop.
Can't help you with Cape Ann but seeing you're in Winchester (I'm Winchester as well) I'd talk to Volsar in Medford if you haven't already, they're good guys and often have some 40s and 60s in the shop whenever I'm in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom