Greater Boston area owners thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

New to the group and forum, just picked up an ‘05 LX that I need to have some work done on, just don’t have time to do anything now a days. Looking for any recommendations for Indie shops that do get work at reasonable rates in/around Boston or MA in general. Typical preventative maintenance, timing belt w/all associates pulleys,tensioners, etc, heater t’s, brakes all the way around, torsion bar upgrade to non AHC LC TB’s…any info or leads are appreciated!

New to the group and forum, just picked up an ‘05 LX that I need to have some work done on, just don’t have time to do anything now a days. Looking for any recommendations for Indie shops that do get work at reasonable rates in/around Boston or MA in general. Typical preventative maintenance, timing belt w/all associates pulleys,tensioners, etc, heater t’s, brakes all the way around, torsion bar upgrade to non AHC LC TB’s…any info or leads are appreciated!
There are no late model LC specific shops around Boston. Owners of three of the local shops I have worked with over the past 15 years are all 5 hair cuts away from retirement and not taking new customers. There are few independent shops, noted in this thread, who service and modify LCs and LRs. For routine PM on 100s ask local dealers if they have a tech who knows their way around 100s. Also, some corner service stations can be a good option if they know Toyota trucks, Lebanese guys tend to know 80s and 100s. I know one used car dealer who specializes in Toyota south shore who knows 100 very well, North African guys. Good luck!

There are no late model LC specific shops around Boston. Owners of three of the local shops I have worked with over the past 15 years are all 5 hair cuts away from retirement and not taking new customers. There are few independent shops, noted in this thread, who service and modify LCs and LRs. For routine PM on 100s ask local dealers if they have a tech who knows their way around 100s. Also, some corner service stations can be a good option if they know Toyota trucks, Lebanese guys tend to know 80s and 100s. I know one used car dealer who specializes in Toyota south shore who knows 100 very well, North African guys. Good luck!
What's the name of the South Shore place?

Appreciate the info, and the pointers, I’ll ask around at some dealers and hopefully get in touch with someone familiar with the 100 series

Bought the LX last week and drove her up from Texas. Still have to figure out exactly what I'm doing, but everything's been OK so far and I'm looking forward to going camping etc... later in the spring.
Were you out in Peterborough a couple weeks ago? Were you the guy in the white LX with full rack who waved to me? (not many LX470 with hi air intakes 'round these parts)

Were you out in Peterborough a couple weeks ago? Were you the guy in the white LX with full rack who waved to me? (not many LX470 with hi air intakes 'round these parts)
Probably not, I'm in California for the summer! Also don't have a full roof rack. Will be back in the Worcester area this fall, though.

Probably not, I'm in California for the summer! Also don't have a full roof rack. Will be back in the Worcester area this fall, though.
Ok, thanks. FYI there is an white LX with hi air intake and Mass plates like yours out there.

I would love to connect. We could perhaps ask Roko in metro west area if they would be willing to host. I’m happy to reach out to them

Sure, I don’t know many people here.
I am new to Labdcruisers and this area of the globe.
Sounds good to me.

Anyone that is interested in meeting up in the Boston/metro-west area in the coming weeks please DM me with your availability, as well as a good phone number to reach you at! I’m happy to coordinate

Anyone that is interested in meeting up in the Boston/metro-west area in the coming weeks please DM me with your availability, as well as a good phone number to reach you at! I’m happy to coordinate
I could meet up soon sometime. Where in metro west are u? I’m in needham

I could meet up soon sometime. Where in metro west are u? I’m in needham
Boston, but family is in needham and the shop I work with is in Framingham

Not a lot of takers on the original offer but if we can get to 6/8 LCs I think we should do it!

I’d be down for a meet up and hit some trails (nothing too crazy, I’m totally stock) depending on availability

The big meet up event is The Yankee Toys Fall Gathering Columbus Day weekend in SW NH. All the cool Land Cruiser kids will be there!

Anyone have a set of 18” rims they are willing to part with (OEM tundra, LC or LX) looking for a beater set for the winter

Anyone have a set of 18” rims they are willing to part with (OEM tundra, LC or LX) looking for a beater set for the winter
Yes, set of (5) 18" with 4 decent condition Nokian WR tires. 200 bux in Jaffrey NH off of my '04 100

Yes, set of (5) 18" with 4 decent condition Nokian WR tires. 200 bux in Jaffrey NH off of my '04 10im not very active in the community , but gotta say,
Appreciate the reply, really only looking for the rims, have a brand new set of blizzak’s I’m looking to mount up on some rims, thanks for the offer though, greatly appreciated

Got this today, looks like they forgot to take the old ads down :(

Screenshot_20220909-162205.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom