Grab handle bolt size? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I managed to strip a grab handle bolt while troubleshooting a clogged sunroof drain tube. Anyone know the bolt size? I can always stare and compare or dive deep into the Partsouq bowels, but figured I'd ask just in case. :)

I managed to strip a grab handle bolt while troubleshooting a clogged sunroof drain tube. Anyone know the bolt size? I can always stare and compare or dive deep into the Partsouq bowels, but figured I'd ask just in case. :)
M6

I'd recommend investing in a metric thread pitch gauge, they're very handy. I've had mine since I was an apprentice machinist and I use mine almost daily. I have this one, but any similar one will work just fine:
1696937239773.png

FWIW, I hate those screwdriver slotted screws in the grab handles, and every other load bearing application. The last two numbers in the part number are the length, in millmeters.
1696937645530.png

They get stuck because the threads get overbent when the load is applied to them. I'd replace the OEM screws with Allen or Torx head, socket head cap screws, and never have to worry about stripping them again. No one but you will ever know.

I'd recommend investing in a metric thread pitch gauge, they're very handy. I've had mine since I was an apprentice machinist and I use mine almost daily. I have this one, but any similar one will work just fine:
View attachment 3452261

FWIW, I hate those screwdriver slotted screws in the grab handles, and every other load bearing application. The last two numbers in the part number are the length, in millmeters.
View attachment 3452262
They get stuck because the threads get overbent when the load is applied to them. I'd replace the OEM screws with Allen or Torx head, socket head cap screws, and never have to worry about stripping them again. No one but you will ever know.
Excellent! I learned something today, and it's only 8:30. :) Definitely will pick up that thread pitch gauge.

If you're not careful, you learn something new every day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom