Gotta Few More Mods Underway... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks Henry :clap: I was counting on some tech from your post :frown: :hillbilly:

It took a little while to get the angles right, but I gotta say those cardboard cutouts were right on. I didn't even have to grind any after initial fitment. Guess I got lucky this time ;p
DSC00894.JPG

Last edited:
Just about done here. After cycling the suspension, I'll need to do a little clearancing on the rear frame link mount for more flex & shave a bit off the 3/8" plate I welded on the frame panhard mount cuz the coil retainer slightly hits.
DSC00897.JPG

I'm workin on the upper coil/ shock mounts & so far I have them bolted up to the curved tubes. I still have to modify the old frame attachments I cut off earlier. I hope to gain a couple more inches in height due to a spring change & a higher coil retainer location on the axle.
DSC00898.JPG

Coils Mounted:

They're sitting at just the right heighth as I needed to get a little more uptravel. I cut down the old coil/ shock retainer frame mounts & zapped 'em back on. Those are just a pair of 1" solid square stock drilled & tapped. I knew the coils would be tight to the frame & they're under an inch before contact :eek: I'll hafta see if they'll rub too much, then make a decision if I want to shave a little from the frame cuz I can't go outward :meh: Next up is the panhard bar, fitting up some shocks & relocating the limiting straps :bounce:
DSC00899.JPG

Last edited:
Panhard Done

I'll pick up some new shocks & bumpstops this weekend. Also, I need to relocate my power steering cooler below the front bibb & in front of the radiator. I'm going to reroute one of my front brakelines, from the master, alongside the other on the firewall & use a long braided line to connect to the junction I'll locate on top of the housing. Gotta piece together rest of the front axle too. Looks like I just need bearings. For the inner axle seals, I'm looking at Marlins seal as I have a couple left over from the old axle.......
DSC00900.JPG

Last edited:
P/S Coolers Mounted:

I thought these would function better having both mounted higher in the airflow path. Although one'll be partially blocked by the winch :meh:. I already had a 110 series Setrab unit, so I bought another for additional cooling. So there's not much more fabbing to do, just small things as mentioned in the prevoius post. I'll be busy plumbing the brakes & rounding up parts to finish the *last phase of this rebuild :D
DSC00901.JPG

Does this mean you are coming wheeling with us next month?

I thought these would function better having both mounted higher in the airflow path. Although one'll be partially blocked by the winch :meh:. I already had a 110 series Setrab unit, so I bought another for additional cooling. So there's not much more fabbing to do, just small things as mentioned in the prevoius post. I'll be busy plumbing the brakes & rounding up parts to finish the *last phase of this rebuild :D

Who are you kidding, this thing is gonna be too pretty to wheel, stout, but pretty. :flipoff2:

:lol: I'm way slower than you when it comes to remodding my Cruzah :rolleyes: There are many other items I didn't mention such as:
- need 8 lug wheels for the front
- order inner axle shafts & have them splined
- redo steerig linkage
- put in order at SOR for gas tank sending unit & clutch master rebuild kit
- fab bumpstop mounts
- locate inner axle seal retainer plates
- have many fittings & lnes for the hydro system to order
- build hydro-assist mounts

Hoping to be done by GSMTR but that may depend on how the ca$hflow goes :frown:

Who are you kidding, this thing is gonna be too pretty to wheel, stout, but pretty. :flipoff2:

:deadhorse: Already have some Black Hills body damage, so I'm past the show truck status. See you on the bunny trails :flipoff2:

How about shooting for GSMTR??? Do you need a HAM Day??? The Dog...:grinpimp:

Good suggestion :cheers: But, I'd have to buy a bunch of the part$$$ first to have enough for anyone else to help on it. The way I'm workin on this is to buy a part or two, then fix/ install, BUDGET for the next part/s, then do the same. I know it's a slow process, but that's all I can do right now :frown:

I finally tracked down all the parts/ hdwe./ bearings/ hoses for the outers, even picked up some used locking hubs. I also ordered (2) 15 X 10 8 lug Eaton wheels to match my rears. Now, the dilemma is do I run a DIY beadlock setup or save up for some Stauns :confused: I wanna do the Stauns, but that's $535.00 shipped from a vendor on Pirate. I'm back on the :pig: for a few items but I should be back on this soon :meh:

I have the stauns ,Bought them during 4 Wheel parts truck fest and hit them up for 1/2 price install! I think its coming up in August again this year.

Inner Seal Plates

I need to wrap this part up so I can reassemble everything. That's the Marlin seal, fits perfect inside a slice of 1 3/4" O.D. DOM tube. My wheels came in last week so I need to prep them for the trail. That means adding rock rings (1/2" curved pieces of solid stock) on the outer & inner lips to match my rear wheels.
DSC00910.JPG

I wasn't too comfortable having the coils rub the frame while I cycled the suspension, so I added a curved piece of 3/16" & blended it in. The driver side will get 1/4" wall & another panhard bracket will be designed :bang:
DSC00919.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom