Builds GoTroopy - A Dubai Troopy Build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

May I drop in an option instead of aw aluminium sheet ?
Why not consider Alucobond .
It has a nice gentile surface, thin aluminum sheet , core high density plastic .
You can't fold it , or sort .
Very strong , nice looking .
Have a look , alucobond.com

Nice

May I drop in an option instead of aw aluminium sheet ?
Why not consider Alucobond .
It has a nice gentile surface, thin aluminum sheet , core high density plastic .
You can't fold it , or sort .
Very strong , nice looking .
Have a look , alucobond.com

I’d discussed an aluminium composite with the fabricators as one of the options.

We are designing the interior at the moment with folded aluminium as the current options due to cost, ease and weight. The Alu panels would be lighter, but a bit more work to create a frame for everything.

I’m sure that the interior will change again in the future. This if the first time I’ve planned an interior like this, so creating something on paper, while trying to consider various pemitations of use, is a little challenging. Only once we’ve spent a year or so using it will we be able to decide if it was a success, and remains, or whether we need to adjust or redesign the cabinets.

A lot of influence has been taken from the likes of Maltec for the style and the WanderLibre Guys for the layout.

Last edited:
48c outside. What better to do than finish the sound deadening in the cab.

Consumed 5 litres of water over three hours, but finished the cab. Now ready to reinstall mats and seats. Rear cavities were finished a few weeks ago, but still got the rear floor to do next weekend.

Based on your model, it looks like mine in going to be a twin. Even the interior is the same. It’s currently on the way back to Japan from Dubai. Can’t wait for it to arrive. Unfortunately, I’m going to have to add DPF otherwise it won’t pass inspection. I’ll post photos ASAP.

Based on your model, it looks like mine in going to be a twin. Even the interior is the same. It’s currently on the way back to Japan from Dubai. Can’t wait for it to arrive. Unfortunately, I’m going to have to add DPF otherwise it won’t pass inspection. I’ll post photos ASAP.
Where are you registering it?

Japan. Unlike so many countries around the world, in Japan just about anything can be registered. I’ve seen 4 wheelers and go-carts on the roads in Tokyo. As with everything, there is a cost.

Japan. Unlike so many countries around the world, in Japan just about anything can be registered. I’ve seen 4 wheelers and go-carts on the roads in Tokyo. As with everything, there is a cost.

Makes sense now. Not sure how easy or straightforward it is to fit a DPF. Would be interested in seeing the process, as it’s something I may have to consider when I take my car back to the UK.

I will take some photos, maybe that will help. I wanted to import an Australian model but my dealer said that the cost would be too high. So I settled with a left-hand drive model from Dubai. The dash is exactly the same as yours. I did a search and there seem to be a lot up for sale. But most of them state for export only.

Spoiler alert...

I won’t post any more images of the car now until the new wheels are on and the roof has been fitted.

I’m so happy with the way it’s come out.

I’ve had all the chrome blacked out (with the exception of the lock barrels and Land Cruiser badges on the side) including the Bull Horns on the bonnet (@TonyP thought your be interested).

CFFE14BA-F652-424F-BDE7-9B8C18C2B18F.jpeg

So the paint was finished yesterday and finally the roof has been fitted.

All pretty straight forward and quick with the roof fitting, but I hear from a number of people that the awning is a Ballache. Luckily I’m just letting the shop get on with it.

Tomorrow I’ll finish all of the sound deadening on the load area floor, then I can start thinking of the final flooring for the living area.

The paint has come out a little darker than I expected. It’s not too dark, but definitely a shade darker and a little bluer than Nardo. If anything, it’s more like Porsche Slate. I’m still happy with it and with all the black details, it really sets it off.

When changing the colour of a car here in the UAE, you have to get police permission. From the date of permission, you have four weeks to complete the colour change. Monday is the cut off - cutting it all a bit close to the wire, so will take the car for inspection on Saturday to finalise everything and get a new registration card.

When it’s out of the workshop, I may take it out in to the desert and get some shots, if I can bear the 45°c+ temperatures.

Gone way over the top on sound deadening. 4mm in the front cab, with a 6mm closed cell foam, then 2mm everywhere else. Added about 40kg of extra weight, which I probably could've done without, but should make the vehicle a little cooler and much more comfortable on longer journeys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom