Good seat cover for 200 series? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The price isn't putting me off, but the indestructible material might be harsher on my seats than my jeans. Especially if it rubs back and forth every time I get in, just like my jeans. Something lighter might be more gentle on the seats, and something tighter won't rub on the seats. Seems like these strap down tight, while other brands just use stretchy panels around the seat bottom. But they are still floppy someone said? Hate to take these off in a year and see a seam has worn a line in the leather.

My black leather is already showing loss of color in places, not even high-wear places, after a year in Michigan. No heavy sun or heat, and I'm gentle on my seats. My 100 seats look great, but my late wife pampered that thing. 80 seats never looked bad either. I'm being deliberate about not letting these problems bother me, it is just a truck, but I'd like to keep it nice for as long as possible.
There are people on this board that have had them for many years. Maybe worth checking with them how the seats are holding up under the covers? Escape gear themselves may have pictures of the results.

I get your logic but other elements are clearly better. UV protection, some friction but not jeans sliding a foot across the bolster edge, no sweat/oils from skin, etc.

Ordered. I guess I'll find out in two months when they get here.

Anyone try Weather tech covers? I am slos looking for front seat covers that are breathable. More to protect my seats from sweat after the gym and mountain biking. Currently just take a couple beach towels to cover the seats. Easy wash at least

Maybe no vaccums but dont yall all have seat ventilation? Anything compatible with that?

+ 1 for Escape seat covers. Was wearing some cargo shorts that had a zipper on back pocket that caused a small tear on my drivers seat when getting in or out of the truck. Tossed those shorts and fixed seat with some glue. After that I decided to bite the bullet and buy the Escape covers.

Have had mine for almost a year and they have held up great through multiple camping trips and long distance road trips. I bought mine from Equipt before they announced they would keep local inventory. Had to pay a pricey shipping fee fro mine from South Africa and a wait of ~ 2-3 months.

Subtotal
$425.00
Shipping
$115.00
Total
$540.00 USD

I did apply some leather conditional on the seats before installing the covers. Also put some Scotchguard on covers after install. (they may have already been treated). . I've accidentally had a water bottle or two leak in the passenger seat and the water beaded up nicely on the covers without soaking through. Easy to clean without having to remove them.

+ 1 for Escape seat covers. Was wearing some cargo shorts that had a zipper on back pocket that caused a small tear on my drivers seat when getting in or out of the truck. Tossed those shorts and fixed seat with some glue. After that I decided to bite the bullet and buy the Escape covers.

Have had mine for almost a year and they have held up great through multiple camping trips and long distance road trips. I bought mine from Equipt before they announced they would keep local inventory. Had to pay a pricey shipping fee fro mine from South Africa and a wait of ~ 2-3 months.

Subtotal
$425.00
Shipping
$115.00
Total
$540.00 USD

I did apply some leather conditional on the seats before installing the covers. Also put some Scotchguard on covers after install. (they may have already been treated). . I've accidentally had a water bottle or two leak in the passenger seat and the water beaded up nicely on the covers without soaking through. Easy to clean without having to remove them.
Have you had them off since install, to see how the leather looks?

@AnyMal good point, and why I'm not going with the good neoprene offerings. These fabric covers are water repellant, hopefully not water-proof. I prefer cloth seats for breathability and softness over leather, but perforated leather with these fabric covers should breathe well.

The price isn't putting me off, but the indestructible material might be harsher on my seats than my jeans.

I thought the exact same thing! Canvas? I'm sure that'll protect from dirt and grime and the occasional errant key jab or something, but in terms of general wear, it seems like it'd be rough on the leather....and for $400, you'd think they would've addressed that, maybe some softer material or padding on the seat side?

For folks with leather issues, have you tried stuff like Obernauf's, Leather Honey, Lexol, etc? I know some may darken the color, and you obviously don't want to leave an oily residue, but they're pretty excellent for leather restoration.

I used leatherique with pretty impressive results. Keep meaning to do another application but other things get in the way.

Have you had them off since install, to see how the leather looks?

@AnyMal good point, and why I'm not going with the good neoprene offerings. These fabric covers are water repellant, hopefully not water-proof. I prefer cloth seats for breathability and softness over leather, but perforated leather with these fabric covers should breathe well.
I pulled the drivers seat bottom of the cover back and leather looked fine.

Subtotal
$425.00
Shipping
$115.00
Total
$540.00 USD

Are these breathable enough to feel the ventilated air f
I pulled the drivers seat bottom of the cover back and leather looked fine.
How are they in the summer?

I checked out the videos on the Equipt page. Man, they look like decent seat covers, but for $400 and supposedly customized for 200 Series, I'd expect a tighter fit, less wrinkles, more stock look, maybe some padding? The sub $100 covers posted by @nikramos look better....I doubt they'll hold up as long, but you can buy 4 sets for the price of one Escapegear. Am I missing something here?

I’ve had a full set of Escape Gear seat covers installed for a little over six months now. They flatten out over time and the wrinkles, from the material being rolled/folded during shipment, disappear. They conform to the seats very well after a couple of months.

The price point is high, but the craftsmanship and materials/durability is superb - this is a “buy once, cry once” purchase.

I saw some other posts mentioning the purchase process and confusion between different 200-series models, etc. I recommend calling Equipt and ordering over the phone. Equipt is a pleasant company to deal with. Escape Gear will request photos of you interior as well; which you’ll send to Equipt - who will then send to Escape Gear to then verify the model, all before beginning work.

Stupid question…. These covers are compatible with the side airbags, right?

Yes. They have SRS Airbag compliant tags on the sides of the covers and I remember reading in the instructions that that are designed to breakaway at the seam in the event of an airbag deployment.

Are these breathable enough to feel the ventilated air f

How are they in the summer?

They are breathable and the ventilated seats function well through the canvas material. The airflow certainly diminished a little, but not enough to make the ventilation any less pleasant. The durability trade off is well worth it.

I find them very comfortable in the summer and prefer the canvas material over the OEM leather. The covers remind me of the texture found in a high quality canvas bag or jacket, Filson comes to mind. The covers make the 200’s cabin fill a bit more utilitarian and durable, while no less refined, which I really like.

I’ve had a full set of Escape Gear seat covers installed for a little over six months now. They flatten out over time and the wrinkles, from the material being rolled/folded during shipment, disappear. They conform to the seats very well after a couple of months.

The price point is high, but the craftsmanship and materials/durability is superb - this is a “buy once, cry once” purchase.

I saw some other posts mentioning the purchase process and confusion between different 200-series models, etc. I recommend calling Equipt and ordering over the phone. Equipt is a pleasant company to deal with. Escape Gear will request photos of you interior as well; which you’ll send to Equipt - who will then send to Escape Gear to then verify the model, all before beginning work.

Yes. They have SRS Airbag compliant tags on the sides of the covers and I remember reading in the instructions that that are designed to breakaway at the seam in the event of an airbag deployment.

They are breathable and the ventilated seats function well through the canvas material. The airflow certainly diminished a little, but not enough to make the ventilation any less pleasant. The durability trade off is well worth it.

I find them very comfortable in the summer and prefer the canvas material over the OEM leather. The covers remind me of the texture found in a high quality canvas bag or jacket, Filson comes to mind. The covers make the 200’s cabin fill a bit more utilitarian and durable, while no less refined, which I really like.
I wish they offered the Charcoal in the all cotton. The grey looks brown in the pics on website.

I wish they offered the Charcoal in the all cotton. The grey looks brown in the pics on website.

FWIW, I have the charcoal version that is the poly blend - I think they call it “tough canvas”. That’s my reference point given the review above. No complaints with the texture of the fabric. Aesthetically, the charcoal color is the perfect match for the interior of the 200.

I have the poly/cottom tough canvas in my D90... really a no brainer. I am ordering a set for the 200, since we are at 84k miles its time, the new leathers are pretty soft and wear more than the 08-15's..
I usually order direct from Escape gear. Delivery in a couple of weeks, I have had hem for multiple trucks, in both the tough canvas and normal grey, I prefer the grey but the tough canvas is really nice.

FWIW, I have the charcoal version that is the poly blend - I think they call it “tough canvas”. That’s my reference point given the review above. No complaints with the texture of the fabric. Aesthetically, the charcoal color is the perfect match for the interior of the 200.
That’s good to know. I was thinking the poly-cotton was going to be less breathable and not as comfortable. Did you also get the arm rear cover as well?

That’s good to know. I was thinking the poly-cotton was going to be less breathable and not as comfortable. Did you also get the arm rear cover as well?
Yes, I got the full kit and caboodle: front seats, console armrest, rear seat, and third row jump seats.

I purchased the dash cover as well. I had it installed for a few months, but I think it’s overkill for daily driving and more of a road/camping trip accessory, so I took it out.

The arm rest fits much better if you remove the lid, pull the upper liner and and hinges and then place the straps between top and liner.

tempImagesFebR2.png

I have been using nice soft beach towels from frontgate. I just drape it over the entire seat and keep a spare in the truck if needed for the passenger. The towel also covers my armrest keeping it clean. When done, throw them in the wash. I’ve been doing this for years from my days at the beach, mtns, etc. This is very normal in Hawaii and pretty much any beach community. Also, never have to worry about fitted seat covers rubbing the leather dye off.

I have been using nice soft beach towels from frontgate. I just drape it over the entire seat and keep a spare in the truck if needed for the passenger. The towel also covers my armrest keeping it clean. When done, throw them in the wash. I’ve been doing this for years from my days at the beach, mtns, etc. This is very normal in Hawaii and pretty much any beach community. Also, never have to worry about fitted seat covers rubbing the leather dye off.
Thanks, good idea. What do you think about these weathertech. 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser Seat Protector for Pets - Vehicle Seat Covers | WeatherTech - https://www.weathertech.com/toyota/2018/land-cruiser/seat-protectors/?OrderItemId=2160907131 ? a little spendy, but maybe they work...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom