Good seat cover for 200 series? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just got the initial shipping notification for what i assume are my new front seat backs. So yeah, took a few weeks after they got back from holiday.

Got the replacement front row seat backs and possibly resized head rests this week. Spent the afternoon installing everything. I already had the short middle row seat and the front row passenger installed (with the wrong seat back). I installed the passenger seat back, the drivers seat and the long second row seat. Also, the new headrests. I was able to replace the passenger back without taking out the seat. I removed the drivers seat and the 2nd row section.

I’m pretty happy with the fit of the seat backs that were made for my seats. Most of the slack the other seat back covers had was taken up. The drivers seat requires some modification on the LX. The plastic along the front of the seat bottom is different than the other seats because of the expandable thigh support. There is an extra baffle that does not exist on the passenger seat. I decided the path of least resistance was to just cut the baffle off. Other than this the cover went on as well as the passenger seat. I fit the cover with the front thigh support extended, so no issues with that fitment. The last modification I did was removing the ambient lighting from the OEM seat back and moving it out to the seat cover seat back. I didn’t think to do this on the passenger side. I’ll need to check it out in the dark to see if it’s worth the effort of fixing. It only took a few minutes, so I’m sure I’ll do it.

IMG_7273.jpeg

IMG_7274.jpeg

The second row long section was a bear. That seat is heavy and cumbersome. I removed the seat bottom to run the straps under the plastic. But other than this I mostly just pulled and tied off all the straps. The back went on pretty easily with little fanfare. Getting the seat back in was harder than getting it out. I might have had some choice words. Also, if you are taking out the second row, don’t be a dummy like me and forget to pull the wiring plugs for the seat controls and the airbag sensor before you unbolt the seat. I yanked the airbag wires out of the connector. I won’t say too much about the hack job 2.2 ohm resistor I built out of some stuff I had stashed away in the shed. New proper resistors in the mail, and will be doing some research to see if I can repin that connector. There is pretty much zero chance of using the cover on the armrest in the middle row. There is a piece that is actually cut pretty decent for it, but there isn’t enough room between the seat backs to have another layer of seat cover between them and still be able to move. I briefly tried to throw the front row armrest cover on, if that’s what that part was for, it was pretty terrible. I didn’t give it much effort.

The headrests seem slightly bigger, but still probably an inch to inch and half too small. In EKRs defense, they asked me for measurements from a picture of the headrests, and I never got back to them before they shipped the new seat backs. I was able to get the flap velcroed, but they don’t fit as well as the second row headrests.

IMG_7275.jpeg

IMG_7276.jpeg

IMG_7277.jpeg

I guess I forgot to snap pics of the 2nd row. I was exhausted after getting the seat back in, I’ll get some tomorrow.

Last edited:
I received my 4th or 5th set of revised front row headrests... haven't had a chance to install them today but will try to do so tomorrow. Hopefully these fit without being too tight like the prior sets, or too loose.

I went with the CoverKing Ballistic for my 2015 LX. I’ve had these in my Tacomas before this and I loved them so luckily they were available for this one. They aren’t for LX specifically. I ordered for the same year LC and fit nicely once I removed the TV screens.

IMG_5329.jpeg

IMG_5364.jpeg

IMG_5365.jpeg

IMG_5366.jpeg

I've used Marathon custom seat covers on my last 4 vehicles, and will be ordering them for my 200 as soon as i take possession of it.

Fit and finish are great (not perfect) but they are 100% customizable as far as colors and options.

One little thing they add, if a chose option is a pouch in the front, under your legs. Sounds minor, but this is a game changer for me and its the perfect place to store wallet, keys, self defense things, etc...

I had them on my Tundra and after 100k abused miles, they still looked new.

NOTE: They are a heavy duty canvas, so might not be the best option for all, especially if you like soft leather, but they hold up amazingly well and protect the seats 100%

I've used Marathon custom seat covers on my last 4 vehicles, and will be ordering them for my 200 as soon as i take possession of it.

Fit and finish are great (not perfect) but they are 100% customizable as far as colors and options.

One little thing they add, if a chose option is a pouch in the front, under your legs. Sounds minor, but this is a game changer for me and its the perfect place to store wallet, keys, self defense things, etc...

NOTE: They are a heavy duty canvas, so might not be the best option for all, especially if you like soft leather, but they hold up amazingly well and protect the seats 100%

There website only shows support up to the 100 series.

Sounds good. The EKR covers in my Nissan truck have a pocket on the front, but the 200LC ones don't. I wonder if that's something you could request? I honestly don't find them to be that useful, but maybe I'll consciously try employing them a little more regularly and see how it goes. Thanks for the tip!

Sounds good. The EKR covers in my Nissan truck have a pocket on the front, but the 200LC ones don't. I wonder if that's something you could request? I honestly don't find them to be that useful, but maybe I'll consciously try employing them a little more regularly and see how it goes. Thanks for the tip!

Yes, it’s an add on item

There website only shows support up to the 100 series.

Oh crap…. I hadn’t even checked…. Bummer 😢

Maybe the 200 shares seats with something else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom