Good seat cover for 200 series? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'd like to keep the driver's seat (heaviest wear) of my LC200 in tip-top shape for as long as possible. I'm thinking about using a seat cover to accomplish this. I know they look ghetto, but if I'm ever worried about that, I can just remove it. For a daily driver, I don't really care. It'd also be nice to add one with a cooled seat option.

What are thoughts on this? Can anyone recommend a good seat cover specifically for the 200? Are they entirely unnecessary? Better ways to protect the driver's seat? Thanks fellas!

images (1).jpg

uhvdP4.gif

I'm guessing you don't have access to a vacuum?

My black leather is starting to look worn at 27k, not impressed. Looking for something that will work well with the ventilated seats. I'm curious if anyone has tried neoprene, is there any cooling effect?

I have this dog hammock in the back, takes a beating, highly recommend.
1642215806295.png

This shouldn't be complicated, but ordering the escapegear covers, it only has an option for "before July"? Mine was built 10/20, does it matter?

1642219574922.png

And should I choose VX or VX-R?

1642219717235.png

This shouldn't be complicated, but ordering the escapegear covers, it only has an option for "before July"? Mine was built 10/20, does it matter?

View attachment 2894124
And should I choose VX or VX-R?

View attachment 2894130
If you are in US, you should be ordering from Eqipt. I’m not sure if they are sole US distributor or not, but I’ve never heard anything but good about them, plus they keep some stock of them, so no waiting for international shipping.

I checked out the videos on the Equipt page. Man, they look like decent seat covers, but for $400 and supposedly customized for 200 Series, I'd expect a tighter fit, less wrinkles, more stock look, maybe some padding? The sub $100 covers posted by @nikramos look better....I doubt they'll hold up as long, but you can buy 4 sets for the price of one Escapegear. Am I missing something here?

I checked out the videos on the Equipt page. Man, they look like decent seat covers, but for $400 and supposedly customized for 200 Series, I'd expect a tighter fit, less wrinkles, more stock look, maybe some padding? The sub $100 covers posted by @nikramos look better....I doubt they'll hold up as long, but you can buy 4 sets for the price of one Escapegear. Am I missing something here?
They are intended to be indestructible and protect your seats from damage, and they do that well. Wrinkles are going to be a thing with the materials they use.. it won’t easily stretch into 3 dimensional shapes like leather or less robust materials will. And, that is what something with that level of quality likely not built in china will cost.

Compare $400 to the price of new OEM leather surfaces for your seats.

They are intended to be indestructible and protect your seats from damage, and they do that well. Wrinkles are going to be a thing with the materials they use.. it won’t easily stretch into 3 dimensional shapes like leather or less robust materials will. And, that is what something with that level of quality likely not built in china will cost.

Compare $400 to the price of new OEM leather surfaces for your seats.

Yeah, I guess so. $400 is a lot. Might bite if there is a windfall this year.

Stupid question…. These covers are compatible with the side airbags, right?

Yeah, I guess so. $400 is a lot. Might bite if there is a windfall this year.
Trust me I get it. That’s the reason I don’t have a set yet.. but I am pretty easy on my seats and slowly running out of other stuff to buy first.

Stupid question…. These covers are compatible with the side airbags, right?
I believe so but this seems like something I heard about three years ago. it is worth checking in to for yourself.

The price isn't putting me off, but the indestructible material might be harsher on my seats than my jeans. Especially if it rubs back and forth every time I get in, just like my jeans. Something lighter might be more gentle on the seats, and something tighter won't rub on the seats. Seems like these strap down tight, while other brands just use stretchy panels around the seat bottom. But they are still floppy someone said? Hate to take these off in a year and see a seam has worn a line in the leather.

My black leather is already showing loss of color in places, not even high-wear places, after a year in Michigan. No heavy sun or heat, and I'm gentle on my seats. My 100 seats look great, but my late wife pampered that thing. 80 seats never looked bad either. I'm being deliberate about not letting these problems bother me, it is just a truck, but I'd like to keep it nice for as long as possible.

put down a barrier layer between the seat and the cover? Maybe a sham-wow on the butt cushion? :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom