This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm still running my Man-a-fre foam unit from the early 80's. I have washed it with gas and re snot oiled it many times, more than paid for itself

So what is the question/point?

Never mind, I understand that you just think it is a good deal.
The point is for anyone looking for this air filter you don't have to pay the outrageous prices
some cruiser venders are charging ie: Cruiserteq-31.50, Ebay-46.99, Cruisercorps-39.95, JTO-25.95, SOR-33.44......... plus shipping

Last edited:
I like the small badge on the grill, a tasteful nod toward what's under the hood. Where'd you get it?

Probably at least forty years ago I ran one a foam air cleaner with a Holley carburetor. While my ex was driving it cruiser backfired and ignited the filter. Foam would probably not ignite with the pre 2F filter used here in the US. Filter that is right on top of the carburetor would worry about an oil soaked foam filter. Obviously the foam filter was replaced with paper element after that. Holley was replaced with a early two barrel used in the early seventies.

Probably at least forty years ago I ran one a foam air cleaner with a Holley carburetor. While my ex was driving it cruiser backfired and ignited the filter. Foam would probably not ignite with the pre 2F filter used here in the US. Filter that is right on top of the carburetor would worry about an oil soaked foam filter. Obviously the foam filter was replaced with paper element after that. Holley was replaced with a early two barrel used in the early seventies.

What does the quote you referenced have to do with a filter?

The possible danger of an oil soaked foam filter sitting above the carburetor.

The quote you originally referenced is from another thread asking about a Chevrolet badge on the grill of a 40.

The quote you originally referenced is from another thread asking about a Chevrolet badge on the grill of a 40.
Now I got it. Not sure how that happened. Thought I hit to quote this post.

I'm still running my Man-a-fre foam unit from the early 80's. I have washed it with gas and re snot oiled it many times, more than paid for itself

That one must have hit by accident looking at a completely different thread. I did notice when I looked at your post on foam filter it was still set to quote. My current phone is pretty good so will have to claim it was my error.

The point is for anyone looking for this air filter you don't have to pay the outrageous prices
some cruiser venders are charging ie: Cruiserteq-31.50, Ebay-46.99, Cruisercorps-39.95, JTO-25.95, SOR-33.44......... plus shipping

To be fair, that outrageous $31.50 is for an Genuine Toyota filter. We have aftermarket Japanese filters starting at $21.50. In nearly all cases, parts in a Toyota box will come with a premium over their aftermarket counterparts, no surprise there. For those that don't have a relationship with their nearby Toyota dealer and prefer OEM, we're happy to help. For those that don't have a Tractor Supply nearby, we're happy to help.

We all like good deals and I appreciate guys posting the deals they find but probably best not to criticize the vendors here for their prices. Most of us know Toyota genuine parts are more and we typically are willing to pay it from Cruiser vendors. Hopefully the OP understands this. It could have been the unnecessary crack about what point he was trying to make that set him off.

To be fair, that outrageous $31.50 is for an Genuine Toyota filter. We have aftermarket Japanese filters starting at $21.50. In nearly all cases, parts in a Toyota box will come with a premium over their aftermarket counterparts, no surprise there. For those that don't have a relationship with their nearby Toyota dealer and prefer OEM, we're happy to help. For those that don't have a Tractor Supply nearby, we're happy to help.
I'm not trying to step on anyone's toes. I'm trying to provide information to LC owners wanting to save on consumables. I've bought many parts from you and will most likely buy more as your company is the first place I check for parts and they are always high quality. That said, I went to your website and to ship the aftermarket filter @ $21.50 to my location the lowest cost is $22.14, and the cost of shipping from Tractor Supply for one Denso filter (@ $13.49) is $6.99 and I would guess that a Denso air filter (made in Japan) is very comparable to OEM

We all like good deals and I appreciate guys posting the deals they find but probably best not to criticize the vendors here for their prices. Most of us know Toyota genuine parts are more and we typically are willing to pay it from Cruiser vendors. Hopefully the OP understands this. It could have been the unnecessary crack about what point he was trying to make that set him off.
I was a vendor on this website, Ebay and my own website, Central Highlands Cruiser Parts, for nearly 20 years. Yes, I'd prefer to use OEM parts, but I can't afford them now and I drive daily, four seasons, in Maine, a 78 FJ40lv-kcja. So, I know how it works, I've had thousands of messages asking me why my prices were so expensive and why couldn't I match this other vendors prices. I'm not trying to criticize anyone. Just providing info to other LC owners who want to save a buck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom