Good "accessory" wiring spot needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DirtScaresMe

Trouble Maker
Threads
Website
facebook.com
Finishing up a new subwoofer, and I need to supply power via the "accessory" mode. It's the connection that shuts the sub off when the truck's off since its main power is direct to the battery.

What NLXTACY said. I imagine this is on a stock stereo. Because on aftermarket stereos you have a amp or remote turn on.

Repair what?

BAC2135B-0E39-426B-B080-E5280B2D212A-2110-000001A57F1A6182.jpeg

Especially on a truck of this age, it increases trouble shooting down the line when things get screwy.

Auxiliary fuse block.

Why splice and compromise the factory harness when you don't have to?

It's an aftermarket stereo with aftermarket harness, splice is beteeen that and factory harness.

Plus, it's for the sub so it shares same circuit as stereo and now cb.

Solid blue is amp remote power wire. As mentioned above.

My metra 70-1761 wiring harness (bypasses the factory amp) notes that the solid blue is "power antenna".

Blue/white is marked as "amp turn on".

I think I wired my amps hot off the battery (with fuse), then remote turn on from stereo switched them on.
If you want real good performance add a 1/2 or 1 Farad Capacitor inline on your + side close to the amp.

I think I wired my amps hot off the battery (with fuse), then remote turn on from stereo switched them on.
If you want real good performance add a 1/2 or 1 Farad Capacitor inline on your + side close to the amp.

I used to be an electrician in a former life; putting a capacitor inline makes a lot of sense for quick current. I'm rocking a small Kenwood powered sub; I can hear some bass but it's hardly enough to really thump.

But now I've got the wires run so I might drop some serious s*** in there in a few years.

Save the money. In-line capacitors do nothing for performance. Marketing scam. Biggest alternator you can fit, Big 3 wiring upgrade, and a big ass battery are all that help. In a limitless AC system in your home Capacitors can help, but in a closed low voltage DC ecosystem a capacitor can hurt performance. They look cool and make manufacturers boat loads of profit.

imo

Save the money. In-line capacitors do nothing for performance. Marketing scam. Biggest alternator you can fit, Big 3 wiring upgrade, and a big ass battery are all that help. In a limitless AC system in your home Capacitors can help, but in a closed low voltage DC ecosystem a capacitor can hurt performance. They look cool and make manufacturers boat loads of profit.

imo

Capacitors FAQ

Dimming lights can be solved by a close proximity Capacitor.
Anybody that has taken apart a tube TV can attest to the power of a Capacitor.
My truck has dual batteries, and I would still use a capacitor on this DC Ecosystem(?).
Capacitors are not to be confused with Ecto Cooler and Flux Capacitors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom