GOBI Roof Rack -1st off the line! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BJ - When you install any cargo/ski attachments would love to see pics of how they mount up with the rack.

I will try to get some demo photos set up in a week or two with my Yakima attachments...I have a couple of crazy weekends forthcoming so we'll see what I can carve out to show everyone. BTW...you can call me Brad or BT....just not BJ... I only like to have my wife reference those initials if you know what I mean!

I will try to get some demo photos set up in a week or two with my Yakima attachments...I have a couple of crazy weekends forthcoming so we'll see what I can carve out to show everyone. BTW...you can call me Brad or BT....just not BJ... I only like to have my wife reference those initials if you know what I mean!

sounds good bj

:flipoff2:

you're slaying me 2000UZJ....

I haven't dug out my Yakima mounts/attachments yet, but the sky box is no problem, with the clam-shell clamp design that it has.

I haven't dug out my Yakima mounts/attachments yet, but the sky box is no problem, with the clam-shell clamp design that it has.

Sweet! If you have the time... can you post a pic with the sky box? That is what I am most interested in seeing as I use one as well.

let me see what I can get done this afternoon or tomorrow for you!

Love the look of the rack and how you mounted the front and rear lights. Couple of questions: will a 33" spare wheel and tire fit in the rack? Couldn't quite tell from picture regarding the 3 cross bars. Could you measure height from roof to highest point on the rack. I have garage clearance issues.

Thanks, and again congrats on the roof rack.

I think the bars are spaced at 36" to accomodate a tire, but I will double check that, as well as the rack height for you 3rd Cruiser!

Here are some more pics with the Yakima attachments and sky box/cargo carrier. As far as measurements, the highest point of the rack is 7" from the roof of the Land Cruiser. The top of the ski rack is 9.5 " from the roof. The distance between the two cross bars in the middle is 33" so if you want it bigger, I am sure Paul can tweak the design to accomodate a larger tire if you need that.
Yakima Mounts for the Gobi 014.jpg
Yakima Mounts for the Gobi 017.jpg
Yakima Mounts for the Gobi 020.jpg

and a few more photos...
Yakima Mounts for the Gobi 021.jpg
Yakima Mounts for the Gobi 023.jpg
Yakima Mounts for the Gobi 012.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to take the measurements. Still having fun being the guy with the newest toy on the forum?

But bad news budget wise, it fits in my garage!!!

Going to have to re-prioritize the wish list, I really like this rack.

Time and money....mostly money...keeps us all from our dreams 3rd Cruiser! I dont' mind the dialog on new toys on this forum...it's fun to help you all out with similar intersts! I am looking forward to more adventures with the new rack and upgrades this year!

You just sold me with the Yakima attachments, NICE!!!!

The mounting brackets were custom made for my 2000 Land Cruiser.

Retail Cost is about $1200 for the rack, the PIAA lights were extra and all in the lights alone will be about $780 installed by Paul.QUOTE]

For that much money, why don't you get LED's????:confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom