GOBI Roof Rack -1st off the line! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The whole thing is stainless? That would justify the price.

That may add $50-75 to his material cost. It's not that significant of a difference and it welds the same (I go through miles of the stuff every year). But, it's a nice feature, especially if your rack is prone to being scratched. Keep in mind saying 'stainless' is like saying 'wood' - there's many varieties.

Regarding the brackets, I am not sure of the answer, so you might want to check with Paul at Gobi.

If all these cool freakin products dont stop coming up, I'm gonna be broke!

I had completely talked myself out of a rack since my current Yakima bars work perfectly for my canoe and I just through my soft bag on top if I'm carrying gear... but this one is VERY nice from the pics.

Maybe they are out of stock for a while and I'll be forced to hold off.

I don't think a rack is in my budget in the next year but this is the best looking rack I've seen. Low-profile, flexible design and it can hold Yakima sports adapters!

Here are some more photos with the additional lights that have just been added this week. The PIAA switches are GREEN when they are off and RED when they are on, which personally I think is ass-backward, but I'll get use to it!
PIAA Lights 001.jpg
PIAA Lights 002.jpg
PIAA Lights 003.jpg

and a few more photos...
PIAA Lights 004.jpg
PIAA Lights 005.jpg
PIAA Lights 008.jpg

...and a couple of more shots
PIAA Lights 007.jpg
PIAA Lights 009.jpg
PIAA Lights 010.jpg

Here are some more photos with the additional lights that have just been added this week. The PIAA switches are GREEN when they are off and RED when they are on, which personally I think is ass-backward, but I'll get use to it!

green blends in with the dash lights, red gets your attention that they're on.

I had come to realize your point a few days ago!

Wow that's a sweet setup...congrats! Do they offer the rack without the grate material? I'm thinking it might be easier to wash the roof w/o the grates.

Wow that's a sweet setup...congrats! Do they offer the rack without the grate material? I'm thinking it might be easier to wash the roof w/o the grates.

I thought the panels were removable? Or is that just the front sunroof panel?

Just the front panel is removable, but maybe Paul could design something that has all three removable for you if you want that?

I like it, but not sure I get the raised front hoop - light clearance? That would add to wind noise. I would think a back hoop for tie down stability, but front?

I am in the market for a roof rack and this is the best one I've seen too, thanks for sharing the photos. One question though...do the two crossbars make it difficult to load the rack to capacity? I can see if you want to put a small amount of stuff up there then placing it in one third of the rack is nice for tying it down. I'm guessing that spanning two or all three sections just takes a good eye for packing?

thanks for all the pics hey if you have time can yo take some pics of the actual brackets and the mounting to the roof? I'm worried about the rust here in the northeast and from the previos pics it looked like the brackets are not coated or maybe its just my imagination thanks again to all the posts I really like the rack

The Brackets are coated and painted, the same as the rack. I don't think you would have to worry about anything unusal there, but double check with Paul at Gobi. Regarding the three different sections, it's not hard to organize and pack, your stuff, and it does help keep it compartmentalized. Additionally, I picked up up a cam-ratchet tie down strap system for jerry cans or or what ever else I may want to secure, in addition to the Hi-Lift jack mount, which will both be x-mas presents from my :princess:...she just doesn't know it yet!

Another thought on the cross bars and loading, it really gives you more flexibility to mount ski/bike/cargo carries to the rack, so personally, that's a plus for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom